MadTigerFan

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Astros, Spurs, 49ers, Liverpool
And my other nomination is Damien Fleming.

No one, nowhere has ever found him any of:
* Interesting
* Funny (could underline this one)
* Insightful
* Not completely annoying
* Soothing
* Worthy of a career in the media

Yet here we are. Channel 10 gave his drawl a chance and Channel 7 in their ever absent wisdom let it continue.
There's much worse than Damo

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
It's so difficult trying to watch the Aus Open and putting up with the ads and cross promotion. Those ubereats spots in particular make me want to puke in second-hand embarrassment. Foxtel for the cricket and AFL is money well spent.

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
variables aren't quantified.. no just say that decisions aren't made on a whim..
neither are the chief rumblings of the board walk...

count me in as a rampant decision maker. choose and deliver. I like to think so.. :padlock:

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
And my other nomination is Damien Fleming.

No one, nowhere has ever found him any of:
* Interesting
* Funny (could underline this one)
* Insightful
* Not completely annoying
* Soothing
* Worthy of a career in the media

Yet here we are. Channel 10 gave his drawl a chance and Channel 7 in their ever absent wisdom let it continue.
like a piece of china..it gets broken easily..;)

Last edited:

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Fox Cricket need to have a bit more of a crack at the moment. There’s some decent stuff, but way too much women’s cricket (often for hours on end) and Big Bash.

Fox Cricket need to have a bit more of a crack at the moment. There’s some decent stuff, but way too much women’s cricket (often for hours on end) and Big Bash.
Might be a rights thing.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Maybe they don't have the staff to find the materials further back in the archive?
Might be a rights thing.
Both could be factors.

I just think that Fox have been covering cricket for a very long time, especially overseas tours, and they have also covered many great international series, tournaments, etc.

Some of the documentaries and highlights packages, etc they've shown lately have been good (e.g. 1992-93 Adelaide Test), but unfortunately I haven't got a lot of interest in watching hours of women's cricket and BBL replays.

Last edited:

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
They burnt through the entire archive of every Australian match on domestic soil, and any ones they had the rights to internationally, plus the ICC's archive that they opened up?

Well...the good matches.

Unless you want to watch us beat up on Bangladesh in Darwin in 2003, or Zimbabwe in Perth and Sydney later that year...

Well...the good matches.

Unless you want to watch us beat up on Bangladesh in Darwin in 2003, or Zimbabwe in Perth and Sydney later that year...

Cricket fanatics will take anything. Just look at robelinda's channel - nostalgia of any kind is good enough.

Back