7Cricket Vs Fox Cricket

Who has the better coverage?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I quoted you because was making a point about you, not to you

Sorry if that was confusing or offensive, peace
So you clearly intended for me to be a witness to that point, and you weren't making that point to any specific individuals under the assumption that only that individual or small group of individuals would be privy to that point? Then your point is completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand and you have done nothing more than waste everyone's time.

The thing I don't understand is why - either between balls, or at the start of the over, in one of the moments between the bowler bowling and the ball being returned - they don't have a graphic showing the field, and update it live when they change the field.

It's all very well and good for the commentary - Ponting does this, and Mark Waugh tries to - to discuss what is being tried by a bowling side, but unless we can see the field it's analysis using information we as an audience lack.

In terms of direct comparison, I prefer:
  • Ricky Ponting (Seven) over Adam Gilchrist (Fox) for recent player insights
  • Mark Howard (Fox) over Tim Lane (Seven) for straight-man ball-by-ball calling
  • Kerry O'Keefe (Fox) over Michael Slater (Seven) for the more whacky commentary (although Skull is MUCH subdued compared to when he was on Grandstand)
  • Brendon Julian (Fox) over Damien Fleming (Seven)
  • Harsha Bhogle (Fox) over Sunil Gavaskar (Seven) for an Indian perspective
  • Isa Guha (Fox) over Alison Mitchell (Seven) for the token female commentary spot (NB - I don't think either of them should be the token female commentator, as they're both really enjoyable to listen to, just that they have been made the tokenistic commentator because they're the only regulars that are female)

Punter and Gilly are the best two commentators hands down for mine. It's a shame the channel 10 team were split between Seven and Fox.

suffice to say, news corp splashed this all over every online avenue they have

but not a mention of the warne / symonds crack at labuschange, which ninefax ballyhooed all over the place
It was such a minor thing compared to the Warne/Symonds issue

The thing I don't understand is why - either between balls, or at the start of the over, in one of the moments between the bowler bowling and the ball being returned - they don't have a graphic showing the field, and update it live when they change the field.

It's all very well and good for the commentary - Ponting does this, and Mark Waugh tries to - to discuss what is being tried by a bowling side, but unless we can see the field it's analysis using information we as an audience lack.
Didn’t Nine have this field graphic at one stage? Don’t recall a great deal of tactical analysis to accompany the graphic though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll just leave this here

I don't remember that. Shows what I know.

Still, I wasn't really talking about something quite that sophisticated. I mean literally a picture of the entire field, and dots showing where the field is, and if a fielder is moved a highlighted player going to where they went. It could look like something from Shane Warne Cricket on the SNES; it doesn't need 3D or actual animation.

Show us the full picture, don't limit our view then tell us something supposedly profound when we couldn't come to the same conclusion with the same evidence.

suffice to say, news corp splashed this all over every online avenue they have

but not a mention of the warne / symonds crack at labuschange, which ninefax ballyhooed all over the place

I can't really vote because I don't have 7, so I just watch the cricket on Kayo, but at times I have turned it off to listen to Grandstand as the commetary has annoyed me, however it is still good.

YES! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THIS!!

I would settle for just a wide shot of the ground as the bowler turns to run in. I've been going mental this summer watching entire overs with absolutely no idea where the fielders were outside of the bat-pads.

YES! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THIS!!

I would settle for just a wide shot of the ground as the bowler turns to run in. I've been going mental this summer watching entire overs with absolutely no idea where the fielders were outside of the bat-pads.

I find myself relying on crowd noise as to whether there is a sweeper fielding in the deep. The roar is much louder when a ball is clearly going to reach the boundary compared to when a fielder is going to cut it off.

I can't really vote because I don't have 7, so I just watch the cricket on Kayo, but at times I have turned it off to listen to Grandstand as the commetary has annoyed me, however it is still good.

I’m basically the opposite, have largely avoided Fox and gone with 7 this test summer. The lack of care from Warne has probably contributed to this, can’t help but feel that he doesn’t pay close attention to the game and the wider cricketing landscape with some of his opinions.

On 7 sometimes I feel like I could just listen to Tim Lane doing his thing coupled with Ponting’s analysis for a whole session.

I’m basically the opposite, have largely avoided Fox and gone with 7 this test summer. The lack of care from Warne has probably contributed to this, can’t help but feel that he doesn’t pay close attention to the game and the wider cricketing landscape with some of his opinions.

On 7 sometimes I feel like I could just listen to Tim Lane doing his thing coupled with Ponting’s analysis for a whole session.
Don't have fox so watch 7. Haven't seen much except last 2 days but FMD Tim lane is annoying and asks questions with one ball or no balls remaining in an over. Presume he isn't in Sydney so might be a reason

Could listen to punter all day long.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

I like Copes as a bloke but he doesn’t bring the level of insight that an ex test player with 10 years of first class experience probably should. I like
Blewett too. Still not a slater fan but he’s better than his 9 stint. Ponting is excellent. Across at Fox I like Gilly but hate when he’s drawn into the dribble
Fest with some of the others.

During some of his sky stints I was really really starting to enjoy warne’s commentary but that has just completely disappeared now. Even the hat pisses me off. I’m starting suspect he might have seen Craig McMillan wearing a similar hat on the nz coverage. I’ve also started to realise that some of his insight on overseas players is strictly limited to English and Indian players

Don’t watch 7 but on Fox I could live without Howard’s constant flirtations with Guha. We get it, she’s pretty and confident but flirt with her in your own free time.

Other than Howard and Guha’s Got Im that grates, the rest are all ok.

Back