Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think Scott is actually a bad kick, you rarely see him go for a specific option and shank it. He's just usually the player in the unenviable position of having to dispose of the ball when there's absolutely no movement and the only option that's even a 50/50 is bombing it long

i know the Ziebull cops a fair bit of flack on here for their opinion of young Bailey but I think I'm starting to agree with his sentiment. I think he needs to become more dangerous with ball in hand, break the lines with gut running etc.

Totally serviceable sml defender but doesn't offer much on the rebound. Wouldn't play a lock down roll on a small dangerous type ie Green, Cameron because he isn't strong enough.

I actually think he has the attributes, he just needs to start playing football rather than following coaches orders perfectly. Can be more than a role player imo.
i was so wrong.

Well, turns out we had a competent young wingman that runs hard both ways on our list already, our previous coach just thought trying to recreate Perez and him in each other’s natural positions was a good idea.

Good on Bailey, he’s going to have a good consistent and underrated career for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gut runs when our other mids just jog, how he hasn't spent the last 3 years developing on a wing I don't know.

Anyone who thinks he doesn't have a role at AFL level for us does not understand how a football team is structured, simple as that.

Last edited:
Gut runs when our other mids just jog, how we hasn't spent the last 3 years developing on a wing I don't know.

Anyone who thinks he doesn't have a role at AFL level for us does not understand how a football team is structured, simple as that.
He just never stops moving. Definition of workhorse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back