Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

His ball use and decision making is a greater concern than his physique.

Nothing happens when he is involved, just meh possession after another, needs to become far more damaging if he can't compete physically.
both of equal concern

Last edited:

The squads/teams are selected by all supporters. The number of nominations gets you in.
Former Docker and Sun and current Werribee VFL coach Michael Barlow was chair of selectors for the squad of 40, along with an internal AFLPA panel and support from Champion Data.

The final team will be decided by fans

Yeah that's true.

I truly respect him choosing us as Father son though. Plus he does work hard.

I can't see an A grader in him that is for sure. I doubt he'll even ever get to LDU lcurrent level.
Ya think?

Nobody else in our team will either, not even Jason.

LDU is a rolled gold superstar.

Like his dad, Bailey will just keep running, keep working and doing jobs.

He is a very good player and is a stick, wait until he’s 24 and adds 6-7KGs.

Ya think?

Nobody else in our team will either, not even Jason.

LDU is a rolled gold superstar.

Like his dad, Bailey will just keep running, keep working and doing jobs.

He is a very good player and is a stick, wait until he’s 24 and adds 6-7KGs.

He is not a very good player though.

LDU is. And has improvement.

That is the whole point Arjen. I'm happy to wait but this quality footballer you see I doubt will happen.

More Atley/Macmillan than LDU/Cunners.

ps: his Dad was a very ordinary footballer.

He really needs to impact more. He does a lot, a lot of nothing. He gives the ball away far too easily.

Sure everyone loves him as he "runs hard" , that's admirable, but more to AFL footy than that.

He will stay and I want him too as we need run and carry - but I cant see a good footballer in him like others do.

His Dad was pretty ordinary tbh and I reckon Bailey will not be any better.

Quote me in 5 years if he is a Schwass/star type star by all means.

You won’t be on here in 5 yrs time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Former Docker and Sun and current Werribee VFL coach Michael Barlow was chair of selectors for the squad of 40, along with an internal AFLPA panel and support from Champion Data.

The final team will be decided by fans
I stand corrected. Thanks.

So TZ is basically calling Barlow a dud selector.

He is not a very good player though.

LDU is. And has improvement.

That is the whole point Arjen. I'm happy to wait but this quality footballer you see I doubt will happen.

More Atley/Macmillan than LDU/Cunners.

ps: his Dad was a very ordinary footballer.
If only we had a few more very ordinary footballers who play 200+ games and win a premiership.

If only we had a few more very ordinary footballers who play 200+ games and win a premiership.

Atley played over 200 games and played in two Prelims.

He was a very ordinary player.

Maybe i'm being a bit too harsh, Bailey does have traits we need so I hope he can improve and has time on his side for sure.

I think we have a player suited to Marvel finally.

What is the issue with him again? Ok sure his disposal has the odd moment but his kicking at goal (especially on the run inside 50) has improved massively. This is one of the multiple elements of his game that has improved.

Just because this season has been wasted doesn't give us the excuse to dig in at every opportunity.

Have a good look at the players in the leadership group before this bloke. Scott is so far and away from our current problems.

I think we have a player suited to Marvel finally.

What is the issue with him again? Ok sure his disposal has the odd moment but his kicking at goal (especially on the run inside 50) has improved massively. This is one of the multiple elements of his game that has improved.

Just because this season has been wasted doesn't give us the excuse to dig in at every opportunity.

Have a good look at the players in the leadership group before this bloke. Scott is so far and away from our current problems.
We absolutely suck at one of the emerging and most important facets of the game - the spread - and we're laser focused on a developing player who actually excels in that department with his run and repeat efforts. Go figure.

We absolutely suck at one of the emerging and most important facets of the game - the spread - and we're laser focused on a developing player who actually excels in that department with his run and repeat efforts. Go figure.

Excels? At what standard are you applying?

Compared to VFL standard players like Mahony and Lazarro he is, I agree.

He wouldn't get a game in the top clubs as he is fringe for us, so either you have low standards on "excel" or we are watching two different Bailey Scott's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back