Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Reginald0

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes clearly most of us have gotten so far ahead of ourselves we have actually violated our own rectums
scott TT Taylor i guess Larks and Cam Z too
these blokes are just starting to build careers...
Just gotta wait til they all get better together, which they will, no doubt, but we are collectively mad if this is suddenly gonna happen with BB Higgo , even Majak and Wood gone add JMac and Marley and Jasper, not saying they were all stars but jeez we are completely discombobulated with the JZ experimentation on top of everything plus the really new coach trying to get on top of things

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why can’t bailey find more of the footy?

Pretty simple one for me, he’s playing a very difficult position in probably the worst side in the comp.

If he was playing in a better side I have no doubt that he’d be getting his hands on it more. His role is to play a link up in transition. Could count on 2 hands how many good transition plays we’ve had in the last 2 praccy games. Our ball use lets him (and others on our wing) down.

susurrar

All Australian
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
interesting to read how his game has been received compared to some others.

very good game. could have been an excellent game if he took all his chances.

ive still got some concerns about his role though. would like to see him unleashed. victim of his own versatility i guess.

Bailey Scott looms as one of North Melbourne's most exciting prospects, after an impressive start to the home and away season.

Scott was amongst his team's best as he registered two goals, 17 disposals, 4 tackles and a team-high 6 marks against Port Adelaide.
“This was an opportunity to play my role and I felt like I stuck to it well,” Scott told North Media.

“It didn’t feel like one of the best games I’ve played so far ... I feel like there’s been a couple of games I had a better impact on to go with the stats.

“Obviously my run and breaking lines are strengths of mine, I’ve got that ability to … get involved whether that be high up the ground or deep in the forward line.”

After 17 games in his first two seasons at the club, Scott is targeting consistent football at AFL level, and wants to make himself indispensable to North Melbourne.

The youngster played 13 game in 2020, and is looking to build on that again in 2021.

“At the moment, my goal is to get out on the park every weekend and make sure I can nail my role for the team,” he said.

“We’re a young, up and coming group with a lot of energy and excitement … I want to fit right into that and be a big part of bringing North Melbourne forward.”

Scott's 17-possession tally was the second-highest of his career so far, the youngster part of an emerging young group of midfielders, featuring the likes of Luke Davies-Uniacke, Will Phillips, Tom Powell and Charlie Lazzaro.

Back