Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Not going to kick into him today, but from day 1 for Bailey one thing you could guarantee was effort and hard running. Did some good thing today but some of the efforts were putrid. Just walking as LDU desperately tried to create something in the forward pocket was the worst. That one he didn't body line on our HFF was almost as bad.

Deer in headlights when he has the ball

38% disposal efficiency and the ones he does hit are to flat footed teammates sold into trouble
And further to this it’s no secret he’s a rake and as called out by some he doesn’t body line the ball as a result

Needs to be locked in the gym and also back to the vfl until he learns how to kick to advantage

If he's going to be getting so much outside ball he needs to be cleaner. You can mitigate, wave away, and slowly work on the other deficiencies if he was using the ball to a good standard.

averages 12 touches a game.

might run hard and work hard but for me doesn’t get to enough of the right positions, doesn’t work hard defensively and doesn’t use the pill that well

It’d be good if his teammates could hit him in space.
Least of our issues
Disposal efficiency IS one of our big issues though. If he can't turn that boat around shortly he might find himself out of the team, assuming we ever have any healthy players pushing for selection.

averages 12 touches a game.

might run hard and work hard but for me doesn’t get to enough of the right positions, doesn’t work hard defensively and doesn’t use the pill that well
Averaging 16 for the year which is a decent step up. Other than the quality of his disposals I'm OK with where he's at, or at the very least am not overly concerned about his other issues.

Disposal efficiency IS one of our big issues though. If he can't turn that boat around shortly he might find himself out of the team, assuming we ever have any healthy players pushing for selection.

Averaging 16 for the year which is a decent step up. Other than the quality of his disposals I'm OK with where he's at, or at the very least am not overly concerned about his other issues.

Yeah well he’s kicking to a forward line that won’t lead - not one person.
Looks like they’re all hailing taxis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. Couple of very poor efforts today though. Should improve but wouldn't want to make that a precedent.
He’s been that poor with the ball all year this isn’t something new

he has no finesse just kick and hope. Even coming out of defence linking up not just going into the forward 50

I’d much rather Curtis etc get games over him

Dumont should replace him in 2 weeks time

Thought he was okayish today, but I’m really not sold on him. If we could get a first rounder for him (anything around pick 20) I’d do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back