Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct he;s not AFL ready as is two years from that. hence why he 'slipped'. I'm ok with that, I did laugh though at those saying he needs to play and then turn round and say he was sh*t.
Lucky I wasn’t one of those saying play him

needs to seriously bulk up

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He has showed that ability to get loose/be the link player and poise around goal since day 1.

He is a natural footballer - just like his old man - not fast - not flashy - but can play and knows where to position himself.

I dont know why he hasn't played more but must stay in now - put him in and around 50 with Larkey and CZ and CT - this is the way forward now.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
He has showed that ability to get loose/be the link player and poise around goal since day 1.

He is a natural footballer - just like his old man - not fast - not flashy - but can play and knows where to position himself.

I dont know why he hasn't played more but must stay in now - put him in and around 50 with Larkey and CZ and CT - this is the way forward now.

His old man played a lot of footy up forward early days too. Works hard, knows where the goals are and is a good finisher.

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Should've never been dropped.
I know we've got the same view as to his good game today, and his promise in general, but I was okay with him being dropped after the GWS game; he was being sent a message about a physical contest (and everybody now goes, oh but what about Ben Brown, blah blah) but young player's need to know what the standard is; the fact he's come back and performed like he did today hopefully shows he's got the message

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will take some time. Have to say though, needs to learn how to look like he's disposing of the ball, gets caught too often - admittedly doesn't have the body to out muscle opponents yet.

RightWingRoo

Team Captain
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Step forward for Bailey today. Has shown genuine goal sense all the way through.
He'll end up on the wing eventually, but he could be an answer to our small forward woes for the time being.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Adds another weapon to his toolkit - Goal-kicking midfielder.

Refer to clip one.

He has the best GK technique on our list after Larkey, and he makes a mockery of certain other players by displaying how simple it is to execute.

Text book goal kicking technique:

Text book overhead marking technique:

Hits targets in the forward line:

Breaks from the contest and knows when to draw an opponent:

I still think a few folks haven't cottoned on yet to the potential of this kid.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Refer to clip one.

He has the best GK technique on our list after Larkey, and he makes a mockery of certain other players by displaying how simple it is to execute.

I still think a few folks haven't cottoned on yet to the potential of this kid.

When the body catches up to the mind he’ll be quite a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back