Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because the coaches didn't drop him, doesn't mean he didn't deserve to be dropped.
And he was dropped, he was delisted.... you can mark it any which way you want, in my eyes - that's a tick.

10 years, 167 games & 7 finals.

You can mark it any which way you want, in my eyes - this makes the extreme critics look stupid.

Just because the coaches didn't drop him, doesn't mean he didn't deserve to be dropped.
And he was dropped, he was delisted.... you can mark it any which way you want, in my eyes - that's a tick.
To me the tZ McMillan call was a neutral - neither right nor wrong. JMac did enough to be considered a serviceable AFL player over a long period of time - not great, had definite weaknesses - but he did enough to be role player. He wasn't a bust for a pick in the late 30's.

To me the tZ McMillan call was a neutral - neither right nor wrong. JMac did enough to be considered a serviceable AFL player over a long period of time - not great, had definite weaknesses - but he did enough to be role player. He wasn't a bust for a pick in the late 30's.

The call was neither here nor there. It was the repetition.

Brent Harvey was delisted. The nature of the end of a career doesn't define it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, if Sam was also a better kick, a better decision maker, a better overhead mark, and had the ability to take grabs and kick goals as a forward.
dont be silly sam and baileys disposal efficiency was the same along with the above

and all the gibson defenders pointed to such disposal efficiency

Because they're both wingman?

Bailey at 20 years old is better then Gibson in just about every category (bar aerobic running likely). So he's more then a faster SG, he's a better SG.

Plus The Other Gibbo didn't even debut until he was 26.

Because they're both wingman?

Bailey at 20 years old is better then Gibson in just about every category (bar aerobic running likely). So he's more then a faster SG, he's a better SG.

Gibbo was elite off field...

Gibbo was elite off field...
He most certainly was and still is I'd say.

Good role player Gibbo, wasn't the best kick but could be relied upon to get the job done week in, week out. Every quality team needs blokes like him. If Bailey can get to his level of consistency in doing the team things, and add that attacking threat on a consistent basis, we will have an excellent player on our hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back