Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Suns, Cats and us all have a claim. Tipping he picks the Suns to stay at home.

That's not the way to Big Footy!

You have to wait until there's been at least a couple of pages of wild-eyed hysteria before you tip a bucket of cold water over everyone.

So I'll do my part: how many Brownlows are we realistically looking at here? 2? 3?

And how do we fit him in with Martin/Kelly/Hopper/TazTom/Jy/Ahern/Blakely/Little Boomer etc etc? That's a lot of multiple premiership midfielders!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
running-after-the-bus.gif

Definitely the best of the 3 on the weekend, but also gives the impression that he may be more of a role player. I wouldn't want to overpay for him based off of good form at the right (read: wrong) time.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Pretty sure Bailey is the F/S we're most confident on getting? Or is that Crocker.
My understanding was that Scott, more than any of the other father-son prospects, actually does barrack for North and, while he qualifies for Geelong and, I think, an academy, that he'd be the F/S most likely to actually nominate us.

I haven't seen the game on the weekend, but it's good to hear he did well, even if it does make it more likely we'd need to pay more for him. I can't recall who posted what, when, but I do recall seeing some footage a while back (a year?) and thought he looked pretty good, or at the very least couldn't understand why Blakey was said to be the runaway preferred choice, even if he nominated us.

No doubt the likes of Pykie and others who watch a lot of U18 will have views on this, which it'd be great to hear.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Definitely the best of the 3 on the weekend, but also gives the impression that he may be more of a role player. I wouldn't want to overpay for him based off of good form at the right (read: wrong) time.
What did you mean by this?

His father, Robert Scott, was a 'role player' in terms of 'run with' and was a valuable and, in my humble opinion, underrated member of our 1996 premiership side and 90s team generally.

Pep Fraudiola

Team Captain
Feb 23, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Typical North father son.

When he should be playing dead he goes out and plays well.

We are total amateurs when it comes to being clever.

Carlton and Collingwood play this space much smarter than us.

His father, Robert Scott, was a 'role player' in terms of 'run with' and was a valuable and, in my humble opinion, underrated member of our 1996 premiership side and 90s team generally.

Denis turned him from a goal sneak to a reliable tagger.

Good 21st/22nd player.

Had a bit of the Gibbo's about him.

That's not the way to Big Footy!

You have to wait until there's been at least a couple of pages of wild-eyed hysteria before you tip a bucket of cold water over everyone.

So I'll do my part: how many Brownlows are we realistically looking at here? 2? 3?

And how do we fit him in with Martin/Kelly/Hopper/TazTom/Jy/Ahern/Blakely/Little Boomer etc etc? That's a lot of multiple premiership midfielders!

I reckon at least 7.

Pretty much what you say it means. I guess what I'm saying is that it would be preferable if we didn't have to give up a 2nd rounder (especially a high 2nd rounder). I doubt that will be needed, but if he hits form at the right/wrong time, then it's possible.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I haven't seen enough 3-minute youtube videos to form a valid opinion on the matter. Once i watch 2 or 3 my word is as good as pykie's (or I'll steal his opinion and make it my own).

Had a bit of the Gibbo's about him.
So you wanted him dropped for 112 games too? Robert Scott will be thrilled with the comparison.

Agreed. Didn't see much from Thomas but thought Scott was great

Yeah I thought Thomas looked the underager he is playing against a superior side, compared to Bailey, who looked capable of leading the engine room. He looked a bit like Zak Jones actually.

I reckon at least 7.

7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Back