Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliant result. Only the naysayers will be disappointed in this one.

Welcome to North Bailey!

Father/Son prospect Bailey Scott has nominated North Melbourne as his club of choice ahead of the 2018 NAB National Draft.

Scott was available to North and Geelong as a Father/Son selection and to the Gold Coast as an academy player.

“I understand it’s a draft and I have not been guaranteed by North Melbourne that I will be selected by them, although if things go to plan as they perceive the draft will unfold then North Melbourne will select me,” the 18-year-old said.

“I was asked to make a decision sooner due to the trade period starting, so over the weekend I went through the process.”

Scott’s father, Robert, played 113 games for North and was a member of its 1996 premiership side

“If things work out and I end up at North Melbourne it would be exciting to have the opportunity to play at North Melbourne where my father played in a premiership.

“My education is important to me and the potential opportunities to study in my selected field in Melbourne were attractive.

“All three clubs were terrific to me throughout this period. I can’t thank them enough.”

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news after a pretty crap day yesterday. I know he is a midfielder who had a great carnival but can someone elaborate on his key attributes? ie inside or outside, pace, skills etc? Has he played at senior level in the GC competition?

Brilliant result. Only the naysayers will be disappointed in this one.

Welcome to North Bailey!
So at least half of this board then? Probably more. This board at trade time is like the Surf Coast during summer holidays - its population swells about five fold, made up mostly of nuffies.

Anyway, welcome Bailey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back