Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Also to consider
1 - it was his 5th game
2 - his last AFL game was 19/4/19 vs * (14 months ago)
3 - his last VFL game was 16/6/19 (12 months ago)

Deserves a decent run of games, unquestionably.

I can handle whatever mistakes he might make if he can put out 1 bit of play that helps us win, and his goal was very important.

Bailey Scott

“Bailey was fantastic. He was one of our better players. He was everywhere. He was really good last week as well, so he’s put two good games together. He spent a bit of time inside, as well as the wing.”

Bailey Scott

“Bailey was great again. He’s gone back and worked really hard on his game. He’s doing the work in training and put himself in a great position for selection.”
Surely plays this week. I don’t see any reason to keep him out of the side.

Other than his goal, I thought this moment from Bailey was good even though he gave away the FK. 3-1 in our forward line, Dons running it out and he put in the defensive effort to chase them down and it almost paid off.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other than his goal, I thought this moment from Bailey was good even though he gave away the FK. 3-1 in our forward line, Dons running it out and he put in the defensive effort to chase them down and it almost paid off.

I have two things to say about this.

In chronological order, if Bailey had felt the touch on his back when he was pushed by #33 (15m out from goal) and went to ground like Zaharakis did all night, he would have got a free himself. Then, the free paid against him - that was dubious at best. The * player lost balance and Scott only landed in his back as a consequence of #13 going down.

If Bailey had dived, then he might have got a chance to score but at the risk of his reputation. I'm glad he stood up, and even happier that he chased a bloke down the way he did.

Still don’t see it with him

his body is clearly not afl ready

I see strong kicking skills, pace and hard two way running. He kicked a crucial goal which a number of our senior players over the years have missed (Hamish, Lindsay, Drew etc). Not bad for a kid, he needs more games at the expense of Hall, Ahern, Atley and JMac.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Much like an NBA "professional foul", drawing the free kick there gave us a minute to set up.
That's how I saw it when watching anyway

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Needs to stay in the side for midfield rotation.

He has so much upside that we need to see more of and the only way we can see it is AFL exposure. With no VFL and a severely tainted season, this is our best opportunity to see what the kids can do.

To not give the kids a crack is reminiscent of the Scott era and we can conclude we've learnt nothing.

That was a terrible free.

Back