Injury Status: n/a

My Boy Draft 2022: Pick 12, Duckworth

Last edited by a moderator:

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Horsham is part of the old Essendon recruiting zone right? Plenty of Essendon fans out that way

TheGrizz

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Horsham is part of the old Essendon recruiting zone right? Plenty of Essendon fans out that way
Yup, Tim Watson, Glenn Hawker and Merv Neagle all came from Dimboola (about 30mins away from Horsham) whilst Roger Merrett was from Kaniva, and Shane Heard was from Horsham.

Apparently Hobbs'dad and grandad are Bomber die-hards.

fishardansin

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
I was in Horsham and Dimboola on the weekend. Pretty disappointing to report there are no statues of Hobbs or Watson anywhere. Two three-time premiership players from the greatest ever football club in any code should demand statues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Thought he looked a bit off the pace in terms of being able to gather the ball under physical pressure and dispose of it cleanly.

Ball use on the outside looked good though with well waited passes.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Thought he looked a bit off the pace in terms of being able to gather the ball under physical pressure and dispose of it cleanly.

Ball use on the outside looked good though with well waited passes.
I thought a lot of his kicks put the ball a bit high - loopy looking kicks. I would have liked to see more of his inside work as well but I think he's going to be a hard-nut inside bull in time. Both Perkins and Cox were given CBAs too. Midfield unit looking more and more sustainable.

KnaveyBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2003
57 Mt. Pleasant Street
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
I thought a lot of his kicks put the ball a bit high - loopy looking kicks.
Scum here. Was super-keen on Hobbs at our pick before we traded it to Freo. He does seem to make connection a bit high in the ball-drop which limits his hurt factor by foot, but it's fixable, and a pretty small trade-off when you consider all his other strengths.

He's a unit, wouldn't be shocked if he's picked for Round One.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad