Remove this Banner Ad

08 - hobbs.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2025
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 12, Schnitzengruben

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I don’t know why people want to bring in more mature mids which would take away from Hobbs midfield time next year. He should be a full time mid next year after another solid preseason.

bombreys

Club Legend
May 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
4th on the ground for distance covered at high speed @2.3kms

3rd highest speed recorded on the ground @31.3kms (faster then Hind)

Loving that he’s not just a tough inside nut, seems to have some pop in those legs aswell. Bodes well for future development. Love him.

Would absolutely not have picked that with the speed. Could really have one here.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Is he already the best player in our team at taking contact and still being able to release a handball to a teammate?

Merrett, Parish and Shiel more get by with quick hands before the tackler has a chance to get them (am not suggesting Hobbs hands are slow at all btw)
Perkins is the best at this.

I don’t know why people want to bring in more mature mids which would take away from Hobbs midfield time next year. He should be a full time mid next year after another solid preseason.
I mean we kinda do need midfield depth

Has to be in the side with a decent amount of midfield rotation. Is good enough to split time in the middle and as the pressure small forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sidelined with a calf strain, 3 weeks
Jul 19, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon

Essendon midfielder Ben Hobbs has been sidelined with a calf strain following training last week.

Hobbs suffered an early onset of calf tightness during main training last week and an MRI confirmed he has a low-grade strain. Hobbs is set to miss the next few weeks of pre-season training.

“Ben has completed a full pre-season up to this point, so we expect him to recover quickly,” General Manager of Performance Daniel McPherson said.

“His calf has settled quickly and should only require a small de-load before he re-enters the program in the coming weeks."

Both players are expected to miss the club’s first practice match against the Gold Coast Suns on Thursday, February 23.

Lol another calf strain. Great S&c department
It's ok, we did a review and we know it's bad. We don't look to be changing anything, but we know it's bad.

Donate to the Recovery Plan!

Strong progress with calf strain, re-joins main training this week
Second-year midfielder Ben Hobbs is making strong progress in his recovery from a calf strain.

The 19-year-old will continue to build fitness as he looks to re-join main training this week.

“Ben’s calf has recovered well, and he has progressed with running and kicking drills,” McPherson said.

“He has been on a modified program over the last few weeks but will integrate back into full training this week.”

No longer on the injury list, played VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back