AFL Player # 8: Ben Hobbs

bomberlegend2007

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
And whats that got to do with comparing him to recent mids who were taken around the early stages of the draft?
Well for one, I don’t believe many that you have mentioned have missed out on two years of footy during their development years, for one.

How about you give him two years before you make him your whipping boy.

Keystone agony

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Well for one, I don’t believe many that you have mentioned have missed out on two years of footy during their development years, for one.

How about you give him two years before you make him your whipping boy.
How have i made him my whipping boy?

Im one of the few thats trying to fit him into the best 22 straight away because hes ready made and physically ready

and when have i ever had any player as a whipping boy. Ill point out deficiencies and strengths

RedmanWasHere

Rarely in kitchens at parties.
Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich & Ess AFLW,
From his profile.

3rd row far left from 2018. (The U15's All-Australian photo from the School Sport Australia Australian Football carnival.)

1638362755947.png

Shane Heard

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
A very good draft pick selection by the club.

He looks the goods and will be a fine League player for the Dons.

TheGrizz

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
I know restaurants are crying out for hospo staff at the moment but word on the street is that Ben was working at the Windy Hill Social Club Bistro today bringing out the Chicken Parma’s to all the patrons.
The 2019 draftees did a work placement at Windy Hill too I think?

Albertross

All Australian
Feb 26, 2015
North of the border
AFL Club
Essendon
There may be a more suitable thread to place this in, wasn't sure where to put it. Of the new draftees though, the focus is on Ben, so here it is. Please move if necessary Mods.

Well worth a watch. Looks at draft night, being at the club for the first time, etc. Hepp is a very good leader, great to have access to his leadership skills off field. Truck as well, talks passionately about the club as if he has spent his whole career there.