Past #8: Daniel Wells - joins Collingwood as a FA - North get pick #32 as compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

So tell me, when does he turn 19?.

Just heard on the Channel 7 news that Daniel Wells has had some health problems. According to the report he has had fluid on the lungs which has caused him to have a pneumonia type illness. He has also been visiting Doc Aylett and has had 14 fillings! OUCH.

I also heard the channel 7 report where they said that he had fluid on the lungs. However, Tiffany Cherry just reported on Foxtel that Daniel Wells' teeth problems have led to a throat infection. I wonder which station is correct.

Toothache, wtf? ... poor ole danny boy, first footballer i ever heard that can't play cause of a toothache... soft.

Interesting comment on Jr from Laids on why he was dropped.

"We just thought perhaps another running midfielder who can get hold of the football would help us this week," Laidley said.

Obviously doesn`t think Jr can fill Carlos` dreams....onfield at least.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After reading the votes posts I thought I'd ask a question about his performance v the doggies, how did he go?, I didn't see the game as I am working Nightshift at the moment and am sleeping during the day.
After last week ppl were asking for him to go back to the 2nds but he must have stepped up as a true champ does.
Could this be a turning point for Daniel?.

I was one really concerned about his performances over the past couple but yesterday he did lift. Worked hard and looked to be putting his body on the line a little more, a lot more desperate. Pity it was his tackle in square that resulted in the last goal, but them the breaks.

The bloke is a quality footballer and if he is left alone he will do some damage. I think the whole thing is in the past he has had good players on him such as Joel Smith and Mathew Lappin etc... but when given a free reign he will play well.
I still don't think he has faith in his own ability yet. He had the chance of a set shot 45 meters out from goal on a slight angle and instead kicked it long directly sideways to a contest over on the other flank. Absolutely no value at all and even if the player did mark it he would have had a similar angle to where Wells was anyway. If he can get enough confidence to have a shot at goal every now and then he will be a much better player.
He copped an elbow to the head and still kept pressureing hard and managed a couple of good smothers so overall his work ethic was very good. He put in a very good final quarter as well when everyone else seemed to be asleep.
There is a lot to like about Wells but I wouldn't like to see him with a good opponent on him just yet.

Not having a tape of the game but being there, can an astute viewer please let me know (if possible) how many goals resulted
" DIRECTLY " from Daniel Wells getting his hands on the ball and delivering it to someone to score / or his involvment in a passage of play resulting in a goal ?

most of his direct passes into the forward line one of the best coming after his run along the members wing,

i feel pretty damn confident when hes got the ball and heading inside 50

You can add Daniel Harris to that analysis, he created so much drive for us. The both of them are our future midfield, with Grima to come as well.

Wrath

No doubt Wellsy was the reason for the 3rd quarter purple patch.

I have never seen a guy pick up the ball and eyeball an opponent within arms distance as if daring him to chase. To watch him run away from these blokes and then still have another gear to change into is *ing exhilarating. Absolute excitement machine and geez I'm glad he plays for us.

I gotta say I also love Junior Moti and if he can just THINK and take the first option, he will give us 40-50 goals a year for many years.

Didnt go to the game because of gaelic footy but I see Wells got 28 possies, was he good today?

FULL REPORT ON WELLS

Really showed some touch today hopefully he's getting back into a bit of form. Still made errors and turnovers but was happy with his effort

Remove this Banner Ad

Back