Past #8: Daniel Wells - joins Collingwood as a FA - North get pick #32 as compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

I have read it 69 times and still don't get it.

Really? Seems simple to me.

If you take the 5 sides that each team played twice, and have a look at their win percentage.

We played Saints, Bulldogs, Sydney, Hawthorn and Adelaide. Wins: 12+15+17+17+16 = 77. Total of 110 games for 5 sides. 110/77 = a winning percentage of 70%

The 70% must include the first time we played the team as well. Our winning rate the second time around sure as hell wasn't 70%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you take the 5 sides that each team played twice, and have a look at their win percentage.

We played Saints, Bulldogs, Sydney, Hawthorn and Adelaide. Wins: 12+15+17+17+16 = 77. Total of 110 games for 5 sides. 110/77 = a winning percentage of 70%

^This^

Good explanation :thumbsu:

My explanations were bad in retrospect although they made sense in my head :drunk:

Actually the teams we played twice, they won 70% of their games.

Eg. Our draw was hard (tm TT)

I think.

Yeah thats right.

The ladder I posted is basically a ranking of the strength of the opposition that the various teams played twice.

It clearly shows that North faced much tougher opponents in those 5 extra games than anybody else in the AFL (daylight 2nd).

Freo also suffered a difficult fixture based on this analysis with another decent gap to 3rd.

I know Brad Scott has a lot of haters especially this year however when you take into account this data along with what turned out to be a pretty bad run on the injury front perhaps there are some mitigating circumstances.

Yeah thats right.

The ladder I posted is basically a ranking of the strength of the opposition that the various teams played twice.

It clearly shows that North faced much tougher opponents in those 5 extra games than anybody else in the AFL (daylight 2nd).

Freo also suffered a difficult fixture based on this analysis with another decent gap to 3rd.

I know Brad Scott has a lot of haters especially this year however when you take into account this data along with what turned out to be a pretty bad run on the injury front perhaps there are some mitigating circumstances.

Next time just say our draw was hard.

Nobody likes factual information backed up by well researched stats to support an argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...yeh good.

But remind me what this has to to do with Wells?

We aint upping our fair offer, Wells it would seem isn't going to back down. So......

byebye.gif

We aint upping our fair offer, Wells it would seem isn't going to back down. So......

That's great to hear.

I'd be livid if we rolled over to mercenary tactics for a rising 32yo who is near finished.

We're better off without Wells, Dal and Boomer going forward, all one-way footballers who don't like it when the going gets tough.

Last edited:
The Doc's done more good for North than just about anyone and still attends most matches. Yes he had some views that differed from most in terms of relocation, but that's not to say he should be forgotten about like Elliot was at Carlton.

I agree.

He got us up and going in the 70s....sure a lot of anger re his pov on GC is all I am saying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back