Past #8: Daniel Wells - joins Collingwood as a FA - North get pick #32 as compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Pfff! He was inthe top 5% paid afl players during his prime when clubs were circling him, he didnt leave because Daniel "money" wells was offered bigger dollars to stay! If you think he stayed because he's a good loyal bloke then you're mistaken. And he's barely put his body on the line, he's been crunched heaps and inturn missed a third of his career because shadows scare the s**t out of him

Mate give it a rest. Dissapointed he wont stay but this is best for the club.

Pfff! He was inthe top 5% paid afl players during his prime when clubs were circling him, he didnt leave because Daniel "money" wells was offered bigger dollars to stay! If you think he stayed because he's a good loyal bloke then you're mistaken. And he's barely put his body on the line, he's been crunched heaps and inturn missed a third of his career because shadows scare the s**t out of him
If you hate him so much, and believe all the things you have been posting, why are you coming across like a jilted lover? Your bitterness is next level, we get it, you think he is selfish, soft and no good. What other pearls of wisdom do you have for us? Maybe some analyses on Maj's new deal?

He's been one of my favourites, I was down when this news surfaced weeks ago and I'll be sad to see him go, but seen many other big names depart the NMFC over the years and we all move on. Loved watching him in full flight, and admired watching him engage with the kids after open training's.

If he goes for the dollars and contract being rumoured / reported, good luck to him. He's closer to the end than the beginning, and once retired the annual earning capacity for the majority of elite footballers is a fraction of what it'll be once the boots are hung up. I'm sure cash isn't the only motivator, but no doubt it is a big factor if he can bank a bit more away before football retirement. If anyone here says they wouldn't seriously consider it in, best of luck next week when school goes back.

How much cash you reckon Daniel has turned down over his Career?

He spent 7 years under the tutelage of a coach who communicated exceedingly poorly with him (and others) with the worst facilities in the AFL. Had he ever really explored leaving every club in the land would have had a crack, more money, maybe he'd have been able to buy 3 houses in Williamstown.

He stayed, now for that he's getting called a piece of s**t?

Bloke has put his body on the line and done more for NMFC than I'll be able to.

My actual opinion on this is if we get significant compensation for him (end of first) then thanks Wellsy it's been great while it lasted but we're looking for guys who are likely to be on the list in 5 years and you're not.

I don't feel any ill will towards him, I back the club that they are making the right decision, first by lowballing then by sticking by their second offer.

Wells could have Tom Scullyed his arse out of North after 3 seasons. He's been with us for 14 seasons, played through OP, got lambasted for it, called lazy by supporters.

But nah I should tee off in him over the internet because that makes me passionate.

I was replying to your dismissal of supporter passion vs the assumption that the players are the real passionate ones.

Don't recall calling anyone a piece of anything.

If you hate him so much, and believe all the things you have been posting, why are you coming across like a jilted lover? Your bitterness is next level, we get it, you think he is selfish, soft and no good. What other pearls of wisdom do you have for us? Maybe some analyses on Maj's new deal?

don't you dare send him my way Phillyroo, WTF have I done to you?

Hahaha you can put a pin up welsy too! I like your tears!

And to be honest, IDGAS who likes my posts! I dont sit on the fence and cry my eyes out when pathetic pompous flogs betray our blue and white for a small amount of money! You dont like my opinion because its hard to handle.

For you to even believe he wasnt invited to the brownlow shows your investment into this bloke who doesnt/never has given a stuff about our club!

Ive been a north member for a long bloody time! Im entitled to my opinion regarding the direction of our club and the flogs that dont stick fat! I'm not soft and dont get emotionally distressed when flogs leave our club for loose change
$ 1,000,000 - 1,100,000 for 2 years against a reported $1,800,000 for 3 years isn't small change.........I'd be irish jigging everyday on dat coin. To be sure ,to be sure !

I was replying to your dismissal of supporter passion vs the assumption that the players are the real passionate ones.

Don't recall calling anyone a piece of anything.

I apologise if you think I dismissed supporter passion as a whole. The club 100% needs that.

People like Gaso, who drive a ridiculous journey to watch us and then turn around and drive back. That is passion.

As much as a player going when it's their turn.

What's not passion is posting s**t on here like a jilted lover, which has occurred in the last few pages of this thread.

Why you so angry about everything?

If true though and there is a trigger then Wellsy had better damn well learn to play through pain (or when not 100% fit) because if he spends as much time as he did with us out through injury he won't see the 3rd year...

How much cash you reckon Daniel has turned down over his Career?

He spent 7 years under the tutelage of a coach who communicated exceedingly poorly with him (and others) with the worst facilities in the AFL. Had he ever really explored leaving every club in the land would have had a crack, more money, maybe he'd have been able to buy 3 houses in Williamstown.

He stayed, now for that he's getting called a piece of s**t?

Bloke has put his body on the line and done more for NMFC than I'll be able to.

My actual opinion on this is if we get significant compensation for him (end of first) then thanks Wellsy it's been great while it lasted but we're looking for guys who are likely to be on the list in 5 years and you're not.

I don't feel any ill will towards him, I back the club that they are making the right decision, first by lowballing then by sticking by their second offer.

Wells could have Tom Scullyed his arse out of North after 3 seasons. He's been with us for 14 seasons, played through OP, got lambasted for it, called lazy by supporters.

But nah I should tee off in him over the internet because that makes me passionate.

Good points, but I'm still sticking fat and think Goldy is soft. I thought I'd just throw it in here ;)

Thought I'd lighten the mood. Is it definite he is leaving?? Wells I mean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez it hard to find video of things at times. Tonnes on McCartney game but do you think I can find last 5 minits?
You're right, multiple shots of Boomer's regrettable hairstyle choice, but no Wells tackle on Rodan

Why you so angry about everything?
Not angry, more annoyed at the actions and the complete disregard to what north did for this fella.. Dont think anyone should be praising him whatsoever, believe he doesnt deserve people calling him a champion or legend of our club.. Dont feel he did enough for our club for supporters to embellish him in such a way! Im annoyed at our supporters, not him, idgaf about wellsy.

If he chose to stay and repayed the endless favours I would have had a meh attitude, if he gets on the park, improves his attitude a bit, educated our kids and has a dip, would have been an okay career, but the recent s**t, makes me think he didnt give a rats arse about north from the get go and thats what annoys me the most!

While i don't agree wiith supporters calling players a POS does it really matter? They are getting paid large amounts to put up with that and the person saying it is coming out looking like a dick anyway. Best ignored so he doesn't get that attention he desperately desires.

Seeing anger and hurt through a keyboard is not the same as putting your body on the line not matter what way you slice it.

I can be pissed off and post while in a coffee shop, I mean what's the worst that happens? I drop my phone? When s**t goes badly for a footballer what's the worst that could happen? For this guy it been what, potential death through blood clots, potential issues walking properly through foot fractures, potential to not walk without pain through his achillies.

How many times did he turn down extra cash to stay at the club with the worst facilities in the league?

The people in here teeing off on the guy aren't showing passion, they're throwing the toys out the cot and acting like petulant children.
Not true. We could be developing a Thromboembolism right now as we read and post on bigfooty. So technically we could be developing life threatening clots like wells did. Only difference is wells was getting paid 550k whereas I'm posting just to bring joy to others. Also RSI is an injury two. Popeye could have developed it after mashing all that anger through his keyboard. Let's not forget the mental anguish when you are abused by a poster! Or if someone 'likes' a post that was an attack on you...that might be upsetting if you thought that person was your cyber friend.

Cyber health matters!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back