Past #8: Daniel Wells - joins Collingwood as a FA - North get pick #32 as compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

I know this won't be popular because everyone is all over Boomer at the moment but I think the reality is that despite the statistics this year Harvey has had less impact and been (mostly) good when the team is good. In other words he's been icing when we've needed it but not an engine room player IMO.

Wells, albeit more of a balancing act due to injury history is still 100% prime mover when in and running around. He still has a heap of pace and agility too. People keep saying Boomer hadn't slowed down - but he had.

Whether Wells stays will have a lot to do with how his body is feeling I suspect post finals, probably the same with Waite. I'd prepare yourselves for that scenario where his body is no good and he pulls the pin himself. He's been close to doing that in the past, so I wouldn't be shocked if it happens

Whether Wells stays will have a lot to do with how his body is feeling I suspect post finals, probably the same with Waite. I'd prepare yourselves for that scenario where his body is no good and he pulls the pin himself. He's been close to doing that in the past, so I wouldn't be shocked if it happens

In that case, why did we gave rush Boomer out of the club?

It still makes little sense.

In that case, why did we gave rush Boomer out of the club?

It still makes little sense.
Because those guys are not part of the future and are taking up AFL gametime for younger players who will leave if there is no opportunity.
You'd suspect Hansen, Wells, Nahas, Ray and Waite are in that bracket that might be moved, calls on Mullett, Fordham, Tippet, McKenzie as well.
Depends on how aggressive this rebuild will be. Usually when our club says aggressive it turns out to be stock standard 5-7 changes.

Because those guys are not part of the future and are taking up AFL gametime for younger players who will leave if there is no opportunity.
You'd suspect Hansen, Wells, Nahas, Ray and Waite are in that bracket that might be moved, calls on Mullett, Fordham, Tippet, McKenzie as well.
Depends on how aggressive this rebuild will be. Usually when our club says aggressive it turns out to be stock standard 5-7 changes.

Lol, yep. Brad Scott rebuild.

"Heads will roll, it will be brutal"

Nahas delisted.

He's now the elder statesman of the club and it's a role he should be proud of.

Despite the constant injuries, the speculation on his attitude, the near death issue, he's still here and still an unquestionable gun.

Now with Boomer gone his importance becomes greater.

When he's on, we win.

Simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before this week events I would have agreed with you but I think the club has to hold its position with a one year deal now. Wont be cutting up my membership if he does get two.
Something win-win. Maybe an option year with some fairly modest triggers like 11 games or something.

Honestly, having just dumped so much midfield and small forward class, losing him over an extra year would be criminal. He's only 31.

Something win-win. Maybe an option year with some fairly modest triggers like 11 games or something.

Honestly, having just dumped so much midfield and small forward class, losing him over an extra year would be criminal. He's only 31.

If it were up to me, 1 year with an automatic trigger for a second if he gets to 16 games. Anything less and we either negotiate a new 1 year deal or he retires.

He's the only one of our 30+ brigade, maybe Waite as well, who's form has shown no decline when fit.

If it were up to me, 1 year with an automatic trigger for a second if he gets to 16 games. Anything less and we either negotiate a new 1 year deal or he retires.

He's the only one of our 30+ brigade, maybe Waite as well, who's form has shown no decline when fit.
Boomer says hi.

Please sign Wellsy up PRONTO!!! This talk about him potentially leaving with the club showing interest in Brown from Collingwood is just plain sickening to the stomach. How much more can our coach and footy department continue to rip the heart and soul out of the club and by extension us the supporters?

Without going into the merits of the potential decision, if Wellsy goes I will be broken.

At the end of the day, professional sport is an entertainment package. That's the only reason it exists. Without Wells, watching the club play becomes much less entertaining.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back