Player Watch #8: Jack Riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

Never hated any Tiger.
A former dog who son is currently playing on the other hand.

I think hated would be too strong, but I definitely disliked one.

That dated to back in high school though, and had nothing to do with him playing the game, let alone who he played for.

someone should tell the club of the typo:

"The star Tiger key forward goes into the new season with 283 goals and 664 goals to his credit."

283, of course should be games.

someone should tell the club of the typo:

"The star Tiger key forward goes into the new season with 283 goals and 664 goals to his credit."

283, of course should be games.
great to see club responsive !!! fixed.

(reckon Peggy's a lurker).

I rate him above Matthew Richardson now after 2 Premierships I did the 3rd one just made me more confident with that Richo was my favourite player & probably most peoples favourite growing up in the dark days.

Jack Riewoldt has been amazing coming up with the goods in all 3 grand finals. their isn't anything Jack hasn't won he won our 2018 B&F and that was our most dominant season home & away with that talent on the list firing during our dynasty.

I rate him above Matthew Richardson now after 2 Premierships I did the 3rd one just made me more confident with that Richo was my favourite player & probably most peoples favourite growing up in the dark days.

Jack Riewoldt has been amazing coming up with the goods in all 3 grand finals. their isn't anything Jack hasn't won he won our 2018 B&F and that was our most dominant season home & away with that talent on the list firing during our dynasty.
He may have achieved more but he isn’t the better player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he is tackles more he is more well-rounded brings teammates into it the 1%ers he is also a better set shot.
Jack definitely has a more rounded game and one that does bring those around him into the game more than Richo...

But Richo could tear games apart in the shittest sides out there, be best on ground in a 5-10 goal loss.
If Richo was in this Tiger team now, you would be comparing him with Royce and Dusty wouldn't be in the conversation.

It is glaring sign of Richo's ability that he's kicked the most goals at the G when playing in an era that was close to our worst, remembering one of those good years in 95 when we made finals, Richo missed with a knee reco... so he even missed the one good year of the 90's.

Jack definitely has a more rounded game and one that does bring those around him into the game more than Richo...

But Richo could tear games apart in the shittest sides out there, be best on ground in a 5-10 goal loss.
If Richo was in this Tiger team now, you would be comparing him with Royce and Dusty wouldn't be in the conversation.

It is glaring sign of Richo's ability that he's kicked the most goals at the G when playing in an era that was close to our worst, remembering one of those good years in 95 when we made finals, Richo missed with a knee reco... so he even missed the one good year of the 90's.

Que?

Nah this is not just bias but if we had both Dusty and Richo in the same team we'd have been disgustingly good. Dusty would be just as in the conversation as he is now. Imagine this side ran out with Dusty in 2017 form and Richo in 2008 form.

Grimes, Astbury, Broad
Vlastuin, Rance, Houli
McIntosh, Cotchin, Lambert
Edwards, Richardson, Bolton
Rioli, Riewoldt, Castagna
Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
Graham, Grigg, Short, Baker

It kills me but Balta isn't even in the side, only because Rance is there. Could have him in place of Broad but I don't think we could play all of Grimes, Astbury, Rance and Balta - Broad offers something a little different that I like in the side.

Could argue this team could drop Baker in favour of another midfielder like Pickett, but either way the team is just really really good, we wouldn't lose many.

I love Jack but if I had to choose one or the other, Richo all the way. Richo was an absolute gazelle, he could take a mark at CHB against the flow of play, dish it off then somehow be on the end of the attacking chain at FF. He was amazing. Sure we'd lose some one percenters around the ground but we'd gain an absolute superstar that no defender in the current game could go with.

Gone past cousin Nickolas is my books too

Nah this is not just bias but if we had both Dusty and Richo in the same team we'd have been disgustingly good. Dusty would be just as in the conversation as he is now. Imagine this side ran out with Dusty in 2017 form and Richo in 2008 form.

Grimes, Astbury, Broad
Vlastuin, Rance, Houli
McIntosh, Cotchin, Lambert
Edwards, Richardson, Bolton
Rioli, Riewoldt, Castagna
Nankervis, Martin, Prestia
Graham, Grigg, Short, Baker

It kills me but Balta isn't even in the side, only because Rance is there. Could have him in place of Broad but I don't think we could play all of Grimes, Astbury, Rance and Balta - Broad offers something a little different that I like in the side.

Could argue this team could drop Baker in favour of another midfielder like Pickett, but either way the team is just really really good, we wouldn't lose many.
Doesn't always work that way, It's just my opinion but I don't think Richo would suit the way we play now. People that played with Richo in the forward line said it was hard because he commanded the footy & took up a lot of space.

Doesn't always work that way, It's just my opinion but I don't think Richo would suit the way we play now. People that played with Richo in the forward line said it was hard because he commanded the footy & took up a lot of space.
Richo the wingman.😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Back