Player Watch #8: Jack Riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing but we are going fine without him and gives Balta and Bolton etc more opportunities to develop their games. Take as long as it needs, Jack.
Assuming no further injuries, we thought we had a ready made midfielder in Ross when Dusty missed and look what happened to him. Hate to be a negative Nancy but we can't take a trick at the moment with injuries so fingers crossed Balta and Bolton remain injury free, Balta especially has become one of our more important players during our injury crisis

These injuries are sh*tting me now. Imagine the carry on from Pies supporters if their injuries were as bad as ours. They were missing Elliot, Wells, Dunn and Broomhead last season and all we heard about was how bad their injuries were. The scenes if they actually lost a good player long term like Grundy or de Goey.

These injuries are sh*tting me now. Imagine the carry on from Pies supporters if their injuries were as bad as ours. They were missing Elliot, Wells, Dunn and Broomhead last season and all we heard about was how bad their injuries were. The scenes if they actually lost a good player long term like Grundy or de Goey.
I don't wanna fart on your snare drum or anything, but they are currently missing Adams, Cox, de Goey, Elliot and Moore ( and Wells). no arguing that's a pretty decent list.

Why do the footy gods not want us to have two good key forwards on the park at any one time :(

It’s a message about how we won our last premiership

Not sure If its saying only play one key forward or if it’s saying play the game that fits the team

Freakin cryptic gods (and those dyslexic dogs), I’m just a simple human, you need to spell it out for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack seems to be using his time off the field very productively while working through his rehabilitation. I love his detatched objectivity when commenting on games as well as the insights he brings when analysing elements of the play. He's positioning himself well for a career in the media or, preferably for us, a future assistant coaching role at the Club. How good would it be to have him in charge of our forward set up.

I don't wanna fart on your snare drum or anything, but they are currently missing Adams, Cox, de Goey, Elliot and Moore ( and Wells). no arguing that's a pretty decent list.
rubbish

come back when pendle, sidearse and trelol go out aswell and it might be close to ours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not one premiership between them.:p

Jack didn’t actually put a timeline on it, said “I won’t be back for the Maddie match unfortunately, as for when? we’ll see how it goes”

... that doesnt sound good - means the knee isnt coming along as well as hoped

Last edited:
Adams, Moore and de Goey I will pay. Elliot is one of the most overrated players in the comp and Cox saves his two or three good games a year against us. Wells and Dunn are both cooked old men. Wells has been unreliable for five years now and Dunn was on the wrong side of thirty and coming off a knee reco when he got injured. If the season concluded now both of them would retire, as would Ben Reid and Tyson Goldsack.

Also they’re all short term injuries bar maybe Adams and Langdon (who you forgot to mention) which are more medium term. The majority of our injuries are long term and are to higher quality players that are crucial to our structure. De Goey and Moore missing a couple of weeks here and there would barely effect them.

The major difference between us and them is that they have had “injury concerns” for two weeks, we have had problems since the pre-season, not to mention the quality of players we are missing and their importance to our structure are much more significant than Collingwood’s. I’m not sure how people are failing to understand this.

Rance = 9 weeks
Grigg = 8 weeks (retired)
Riewoldt = 7 weeks
Cotchin = 7 weeks
Short = 7 weeks
Graham = 6 weeks
Houli = 3 weeks
Caddy = 3 weeks
Nankervis 2 weeks
Vlastuin = 1 week
Lambert = 1 week
Rioli = 1 week
Astbury = 1 week

Our best 22 players have missed almost 60 weeks combined this season. How many have Collingwood’s missed? 15? Most of their injuries are to depth players. Guys like Scharenberg, Dunn, Wells, etc. Then we’ve had issues with our depth, most notably Jack Ross who I didn’t include as best 22, but was looking the goods and then goes down for 8 - 10 weeks.

Collingwood have never had anything remotely as bad as what we’re having. They exaggerate the sh*t out of their injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back