Player Watch #8: Jack Riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

The Tigers usually are conservative with bringing players back. So I guess that Jack will come back cherry ripe. Interesting to see if they give him a game in the VFL to warm up or not. Anyway, the forward line is Tom's now. So Jack will be going back in time to when Richo roamed forward 50 and he had to fit in :D

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
The Tigers usually are conservative with bringing players back. So I guess that Jack will come back cherry ripe. Interesting to see if they give him a game in the VFL to warm up or not. Anyway, the forward line is Tom's now. So Jack will be going back in time to when Richo roamed forward 50 and he had to fit in :D

Lynch resembles darth vader in the forward huddles with the short people

French Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2004
Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa ,Goldern State
I reckon round 17-18 is when we will see him again..

at least he will be well rested

If it's round 17 he will miss counting the North game 5 more as we have a bye also in there. Gives him 7 games game's to get fit & firing. But at this stage it's just a wait & see thing

Adams, Moore and de Goey I will pay. Elliot is one of the most overrated players in the comp and Cox saves his two or three good games a year against us. Wells and Dunn are both cooked old men. Wells has been unreliable for five years now and Dunn was on the wrong side of thirty and coming off a knee reco when he got injured. If the season concluded now both of them would retire, as would Ben Reid and Tyson Goldsack.

Also they’re all short term injuries bar maybe Adams and Langdon (who you forgot to mention) which are more medium term. The majority of our injuries are long term and are to higher quality players that are crucial to our structure. De Goey and Moore missing a couple of weeks here and there would barely effect them.

The major difference between us and them is that they have had “injury concerns” for two weeks, we have had problems since the pre-season, not to mention the quality of players we are missing and their importance to our structure are much more significant than Collingwood’s. I’m not sure how people are failing to understand this.

Rance = 9 weeks
Grigg = 8 weeks (retired)
Riewoldt = 7 weeks
Cotchin = 7 weeks
Short = 7 weeks
Graham = 6 weeks
Houli = 3 weeks
Caddy = 3 weeks
Nankervis 2 weeks
Vlastuin = 1 week
Lambert = 1 week
Rioli = 1 week
Astbury = 1 week

Our best 22 players have missed almost 60 weeks combined this season. How many have Collingwood’s missed? 15? Most of their injuries are to depth players. Guys like Scharenberg, Dunn, Wells, etc. Then we’ve had issues with our depth, most notably Jack Ross who I didn’t include as best 22, but was looking the goods and then goes down for 8 - 10 weeks.

Collingwood have never had anything remotely as bad as what we’re having. They exaggerate the sh*t out of their injuries.

Also, of those listed, 12 of them are premiership players including premiership ruckman Shaun Grigg

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
I’m expecting there’s a fair chance he doesn’t play at all this year , I’m spitting chips Moore is injured a med marking tall would compliment what we do . Menadue is being tested there , not high hopes of that working

Nanka and soldo playing together is growing legs
I have my money on not seeing jack this year, tbh there’s More chance of Rance making an appearance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
I reckon Jack could have out performed Lynch last night even with his injury.

Disagree TI

Jack has had plenty of games like that himself where he has been tripled team and a victim of poor entries inside forward fifty.

He just gets a pass here as he is a three time Coleman medalist.

I mean, maybe he would have out performed him, but my point is, Jack has had games much like Toms last night as well.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Disagree TI

Jack has had plenty of games like that himself where he has been tripled team and a victim of poor entries inside forward fifty.

He just gets a pass here as he is a three time Coleman medalist.

I mean, maybe he would have out performed him, but my point is, Jack has had games much like Toms last night as well.
Jack always competes at the contest and at least has his radar on the ball where he can at least assist others.
Lynch is way out of sorts atm and isn’t really making a serious contest . His work rate has been poor. There was a video prior to the game suggesting that he wasn’t fit due to injury and this could be a reason. He needs a spell if true as he looked below par.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Welcome back Jack....

Jv5axnI.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back