Player Watch #8: Jack Riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

With Lynch taking the #1 defender and being the main target, Jack has a long, slow, retirement tour as the 'cunning old bastard in the forward pocket'.

He'll be picking up Joe the Gooses, catching miskicks that hit him on the chest, chatting up the umps (and then staging for free kicks:cool:), 'accidentally' getting in the way of Lynch's opponent, and generally getting right up opposition (and opposition fans') noses for another 4-5 years.

With Lynch taking the #1 defender and being the main target, Jack has a long, slow, retirement tour as the 'cunning old bastard in the forward pocket'.

He'll be picking up Joe the Gooses, catching miskicks that hit him on the chest, chatting up the umps (and then staging for free kicks:cool:), 'accidentally' getting in the way of Lynch's opponent, and generally getting right up opposition (and opposition fans') noses for another 4-5 years.

3 more colemans

we all love Jack, but I reckon it's 3 more years tops...
And even then he won't be playing every game all year.
CCJ will start playing a few games a go through a SLOW transition process

Agreed.

Don't know when he's contacted to but another year is a lock, 2 maybe, 3 would be very lucky.

Despite his injuries this year he clearly benefited from playing less games. I note that his long kicking was significantly better at the pointy end of the year.

They should start resting him when they can, for the long interstate trips etc. Cotch too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we all love Jack, but I reckon it's 3 more years tops...
And even then he won't be playing every game all year.
CCJ will start playing a few games a go through a SLOW transition process
jack's been terrific for us. there was a time when he was dropped from the leadership group when i thought he might want out. credit to him he sucked it up and came back bigger than ever both on and off the field. i'd be happy with 3 more years and 3 more flags.:D

Agreed.

Don't know when he's contacted to but another year is a lock, 2 maybe, 3 would be very lucky.

Despite his injuries this year he clearly benefited from playing less games. I note that his long kicking was significantly better at the pointy end of the year.

They should start resting him when they can, for the long interstate trips etc. Cotch too.
af98c-this.gif

JR8 for another three years tops! So beautiful!! 👍:p👍
Cut Lunch will be licking his lips as well playing along side...'cunning old bastard in the forward pocket'...
And the beauty is JR8 can be forwards coach whilst playing...

Clever Jack...

this was one of my finals highlights....

houli to short who waltzes around about 5 cats standing around like statues with a special mention to gazza jnr. and kicks long.

5 years ago jack goes for the mark against 4 cats opponents every time with still a reasonable chance of taking it.

fast forward to selfless jack, who draws the crowd and then just a nice little delicate palm off to his great mate dusty to slam it home. would be up there as the goal assist of the year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back