Player Watch #8: Jack Riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy that it wasn't 2 years and if he gets injured next year he can actually retire mid year freeing up cap space. By signing players now we know what cap space is left for Bolton & CJ. Both probably take unders to stay. Maybe CJ just asks for 2 years, in the hope of being really in demand while still young.
Imagine worst case scenario he does a knee in next month or 2 we'd be unnecessaruly screwed

Respect most high to Jack Riewoldt for steering around Whateley & Robinson's clear agenda to box him in with unbelievably biased leading questions designed to back up their corporate arse kissing.

Sack Stephen Hocking and put him in charge.

If we can get Jack, Lynch and CJ all working together in the same forward line, then Jack probably benefits the most.

Most teams don't have three good key defenders, and Jack will probably be the one to draw the third tall type because of the height of the other two blokes.
In theory it all sounds amazing,

But usually the ball is kicked to Lynchs head and Almost always a defender gets a fist to the ball. If Jack is in thr forward line, at times, they actually compete in the same contest and get in eaxh others way. I haven't seen Jack and CCJ get in each other's way a lot cause CCJ leads.

For us to play the three talls successful, CCJ would need to rotate ruck and drop back an as intercept defender.

Jack and Lynch need to create more space jn that forward line and make leads. We don't lead, we rely on the drop zone to be flowing with our small forwards who take shots at goal after a contested marking contest. CCJ is a breath of fresh air because he leads, takes a defender away from the contest and gives Jack more space to Impact the score board whilst Lynch relies on his contested marking, but that doesn't create movement in our forward line and makes us so predictable

We need to lower the eyes and kick to targets on the lead, avoid kicking it to a marking contest as we do, consistently.

But usually the ball is kicked to Lynchs head and Almost always a defender gets a fist to the ball. If Jack is in thr forward line, at times, they actually compete in the same contest and get in eaxh others way. I haven't seen Jack and CCJ get in each other's way a lot cause CCJ leads.

For us to play the three talls successful, CCJ would need to rotate ruck and drop back an as intercept defender.

Jack and Lynch need to create more space jn that forward line and make leads. We don't lead, we rely on the drop zone to be flowing with our small forwards who take shots at goal after a contested marking contest. CCJ is a breath of fresh air because he leads, takes a defender away from the contest and gives Jack more space to Impact the score board whilst Lynch relies on his contested marking, but that doesn't create movement in our forward line and makes us so predictable

We need to lower the eyes and kick to targets on the lead, avoid kicking it to a marking contest as we do, consistently.
When Lynch plays well it is also when he leads. Who'd of thought, a leading forward, how will Castagna and co. get a kick.

I think the club knows this. If CCJ is more stay at home, Lynch leading up and JR drifting around I think it could work. Move Jack more up the field and allow him to roam where his smarts can cause miss matches. Not hard to work out how it would work. But we lose some forward defensive pressure. In return we cause teams to shift their defensive set ups. And if we play slower more often our 3 pronged forward line becomes hard to deal with. Plus Dusty and/or Shai another target.

Easy to say but harder to make work. If they did it like I said then basically it comes down to Dusty and Jack being in the right space at the right time. They are 2 I would trust to get it right.

Has anyone checked on how Kane Cornes is going tonight? He must be seething with jealousy after what we did to him in his 300th

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant believe people are doubting him and happy to retire him off so quickly

The man doesnt get injured and still has the leap as displayed last night with his multiple marks

Eagles fan want JK keep playing, Cats fans want Hawkins to keep playing , Crows fans want Tex to keep playing
and we want to start thinking about finishing a 300 game 700 goal 3 time coleman medalist off early.

Jack has 2 more years

As I said last week this guy is not done yet and I reckon he’s got at least two more seasons in him. Congratulations on a brilliant 300th game and to a tremendous career that keeps on giving to us all. Well done to the boys last night for putting in and making it a memorable night for him.

As I said last week this guy is not done yet and I reckon he’s got at least two more seasons in him. Congratulations on a brilliant 300th game and to a tremendous career that keeps on giving to us all. Well done to the boys last night for putting in and making it a memorable night for him.
And the man has signed on massive unders for next year stating the club has been great to him and looked after him and now its time to give back and let the club pay the younger players what they are worth to retain talent.

Legend

I remember watching the game against WC where he kicked 10. I was sitting in a bar at Jupiters, I think it was 2010? I thought we have a champ here, and whilst it was a miserable season, he gave us a glimmer of hope for the future, much like Richo before. Jack has been enormously successful, deserves all accolades and will be remembered as a Legend of The RFC.

3 Premierships,
3 Colemans

In 100 years he will still be talked about.

I remember watching the game against WC where he kicked 10. I was sitting in a bar at Jupiters, I think it was 2010? I thought we have a champ here, and whilst it was a miserable season, he gave us a glimmer of hope for the future, much like Richo before. Jack has been enormously successful, deserves all accolades and will be remembered as a Legend of The RFC.

3 Premierships,
3 Colemans

In 100 years he will still be talked about.
I was at that game, the crowd noise kept getting louder with each goal. It was insane!

I was at that game, the crowd noise kept getting louder with each goal. It was insane!
Was there too at Punt Road end...JR8 just turned in a clinic...had the footy on a string...sticky fingers...dead eye dick kick for goal...kick it to Jacky Boy!!!

Wonder if old kane cornes will be able to get all the dicks out of his mouth that jack served up last night? Can someone check that hes ok?

Cant believe people are doubting him and happy to retire him off so quickly

The man doesnt get injured and still has the leap as displayed last night with his multiple marks

Eagles fan want JK keep playing, Cats fans want Hawkins to keep playing , Crows fans want Tex to keep playing
and we want to start thinking about finishing a 300 game 700 goal 3 time coleman medalist off early.

Jack has 2 more years

It's because key forwards are like drummers.
Hard to find and don't grow on trees.
There's a reason why teams are always looking for key forwards and bands are always looking for drummers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back