• Position:​
    Defender
  • Games:​
  • Goals:​
  • Avg Kicks:​
  • Avg Marks:​
  • Avg Handballs:​
PLAYER ASSESSMENT

Tall defender with good athleticism and football smarts. Reads the play well and comes off his opponent at the right times to win the ball back in the air. An effective rebounding player who is a strong overhead mark and possesses neat foot skills.

At least I know this guy and considered him when selecting my 3 picks for the comp. Good height - and I like the idea of a touch of dash.

It looks as though, from the reading of the profiles, we have selected 3 kids who can run, are pretty quick, good vision and have good foot skills. I think I am right from what I have read these are the traits they share.

It will be interesting to read about them from people who have seen them play. I am sure there are a few on this Board who might have seen them and know some more.

It however seems maybe that two of them, Jansen and Kola, maybe big enough to get a senior game next season with our first pick needing some weight training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did he say ?

Excuse me if this quote is not precise . He was talking about twins being seperated..hes knows a bit about it as he went thru it...

" of course we ended up together...not that we will chase Kade " ... Not much I thought. What a beautiful play. He Jake is a very good player but would it really surprise if down the track they both want to be together?

I have been a big fan of his for the last half of the year, and he was the guy I was talking up as the most underrated Tasmanian this year. Was surprised he lasted till 41, but glad he did cause he couldn't have really got to a better club. Lots of development left in him and wouldn't expect him to get much of a gig in his first year or two, but you never know. If he improves as fast as his brother did over the off season he'll be playing round 1 :eek::)

good third tall in defense by the looks of him; strong overhead but doesn't look as though he'd be exploited by a quicker forward ... Rivers and Brown should be worried (but not next year).

I have been a big fan of his for the last half of the year, and he was the guy I was talking up as the most underrated Tasmanian this year. Was surprised he lasted till 41, but glad he did cause he couldn't have really got to a better club. Lots of development left in him and wouldn't expect him to get much of a gig in his first year or two, but you never know. If he improves as fast as his brother did over the off season he'll be playing round 1 :eek::)

T2M , do you have his results from combine. I believe they were good.

Ideally he grows a bit more 195ish would be great. And I would rule out Sully as a Rookie either so our KPD is starting to look a bit better.
Not wishing his brother any bad luck , I'm sure its great to play in the sun and swim etc , but it would really be a shame if he catches "Caddy-itis". Those "mongrels" have talent to burn.

Not wishing his brother any bad luck , I'm sure its great to play in the sun and swim etc , but it would really be a shame if he catches "Caddy-itis". Those "mongrels" have talent to burn.
This :thumbsu: My allegiance keeps switching between Suns and Geelong. Last year they both picked up Launceston boys in the first round. Now they both pick up a Kolodjashnij! Makes it very difficult to go for one team, so would love for Kade to come down to Geelong and then I'd have a clear cut favourite :)

As for his results, I am not part of the inner circles that gets the combine scores, so have to scrounge around for them. From what I gather:

*He came fourth and sixth in the right and left foot jumps respectively, and was 15th in the standing jump. So he can leap.
*He runs about a ~3.07 20m sprint. Pretty good for his size, makes him very versatile.
*He finished around the top 20% for agility. Another good result for his size.
*He was around mid 14s for the beep test and I think about !10:40 in the 3km time trials.

So he really doesn't have an athletic deficiency at all, in fact he is a really good all round athlete. Some don't rate his skills less than I do. I think he is a pretty sound user of the ball and I have seen him take the game on a bit as both a defender in the champs, and on the wing and up forward for Launceston in the games I watched in the TSL.

He isn't a gaurunteed star, but he is a pretty exciting prospect and a good get at 40 imo.

He isn't a gaurunteed star, but he is a pretty exciting prospect and a good get at 40 imo.

Not many are.

The best you could ask for is a good underlying skill to build on. (and hope he grows 2 or 3 cm)
Is he a long kick or more just average? Nice to have a weapon Give him two years in the VFL , add 6 of power and he could be a solid addition down back

Good to see he's already 90kg, at least he's not coming from to far back. Seems to have lots of agility and therefore time to make decisions, lots of upside no doubt. :thumbsu:

Not many are.

The best you could ask for is a good underlying skill to build on. (and hope he grows 2 or 3 cm)
Is he a long kick or more just average? Nice to have a weapon Give him two years in the VFL , add 6 of power and he could be a solid addition down back
Not a particularly long kick from what I have seen. He is far more inclined to handball or kick short to a player in space. Usually makes good decisions though. Kicking is an area he will need to work on a bit, there is enough there to work with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back