Senior 8. Jake Kolodjashnij (2014-)

Remove this Banner Ad

They all look odd... but to me it's because the 35 looks like a player jumper, the other 2 look like they have gotten a jumper from the cats shop and just whacked the numbers on there.. slightly different colour to the one printed on and the size is a bit out..

I was thinking that as well... 35 looks like Chappy has left one behind in the locker room. #8 looks especially strange..

Here's Kolodjashnij in #8... Looks very odd.

newnumbers_620X370.jpg

don't think anyone will fill out #8 like the last bloke did….

Not yet anyway….

Go Catters

I was thinking that as well... 35 looks like Chappy has left one behind in the locker room. #8 looks especially strange..
It's because there is a heap of space around the 8.. not much with the other 2

well the height debate can be confirmed at least...Jake definitely has a good 2-3cm over Jarrad who's listed at 192cm so that's a good size defender we have for the future as we have been a little undersized (height-wise) in recent years.
Here's hoping. He's got good pace and a good kick. Hopefully with Harry Taylor showing him the ropes he'll be a multiple All Australian by the end of his career.

well the height debate can be confirmed at least...Jake definitely has a good 2-3cm over Jarrad who's listed at 192cm so that's a good size defender we have for the future as we have been a little undersized (height-wise) in recent years.

Hmm, not necessarily. Jansen has been listed as 189/190cm by some, so Kolo could be around the 192cm mark (which has also been reported).

The problem we have is which reports are to be believed? Like you said, its clear there's a couple of cm difference so its either 190cm (JJ) and 192cm (JK) or 192cm (JJ) and 194cm (JK).

Are we sure that's not Rivers , Byrnes and Ballroom ???
For what it's worth Jansen measured 189cm at Colts last week.........

Worth reading, listed as 193cm in Friday's HS, but going by that pic 189 looks closer to it given he looks around 3cms shorter than Kolo who I have mostly read is 192, except in Friday's HS @ 194!

They could all grow a cm or 2 from here though, so it might still work itself out by next season :thumbsu:

It will be interesting if any these boys will still grow 2-3 cms. Possible. Maybe they will and that would be a good thing IMO.

Fingers crossed :) Manboob kept growing until he was 22/3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth reading, listed as 193cm in Friday's HS, but going by that pic 189 looks closer to it given he looks around 3cms shorter than Kolo who I have mostly read is 192, except in Friday's HS @ 194!

They could all grow a cm or 2 from here though, so it might still work itself out by next season :thumbsu:

Good chance you're right, these tall kids sometimes can go on growing till 21, but it slows right up.

He reminds me of a Bartel or Mackie type. Reliable hands, slick movement and seems relatively clean with the ball. Pretty exciting prospect, going off his highlights video.

JAKE Kolodjashnij says his future was never anywhere but in the Hoops after signing a three-year contract extension.

The Geelong defender was eligible for restricted free agency at the end of this season but put pen to paper earlier this month on a deal that will keep the 25-year-old at GMHBA Stadium until the end of 2024.

“It was Geelong all the way for me, to be honest,” Kolodjashnij said. “I didn’t really go down that path at all.

“The option was there, but it was a no-brainer for me to re-sign with the Cats when the offer was made.

“I’ve loved my time in Geelong so far, and the club’s been great.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back