Player Watch #8: Jake Lever – Signed until 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

So, we ended up giving up the earth for Lever, eh? There's no possible way this will turn out badly for us. :rolleyes:
No way at all. None. Zero.

07-minister.jpg

The other thing out of all of this...are Adelaide going to be that good?

Cameron and Lever were extremely important to them last year. There's likely to be monster speculation around Sloane and Laird all next year. Eddie is a year older, JJ is still a downhill skier.

Yeah, they just made the GF, but they got belted. They've also got a very beatable blueprint - a heavily contested, high-pressure gameplan and they go to water.

If Crows dropped to 5th or 6th and we finished top 4 we would be absolutely laughing.
Would be good, especially if we can finish above them. They are boasting we will drop off and they will get an early pick. Finish top 4 would be great.

Would be good, especially if we can finish above them. They are boasting we will drop off and they will get an early pick. Finish top 4 would be great.
That's the thing that gives me so much confidence. We had so many things go wrong for us, and we still improved by two games.

Even just a touch of luck back compared to 2017 and we're right in the hunt.

pirate bob

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hoping you drop off is probably a better description. There will possibly be a couple of SA lads who will be 1st round picks next year.
That's the thing that gives me so much confidence. We had so many things go wrong for us, and we still improved by two games.

Even just a touch of luck back compared to 2017 and we're right in the hunt.
Between injuries and suspensions I was surprised you didn't make the 8. Seems like there is still room for growth in some of your younger players. Its hard not seeing you at least make the 8 next year. I thought you were going to have a crack at the top 4 at 1 stage this year TBH.

Hoping you drop off is probably a better description. There will possibly be a couple of SA lads who will be 1st round picks next year.

Between injuries and suspensions I was surprised you didn't make the 8. Seems like there is still room for growth in some of your younger players. Its hard not seeing you at least make the 8 next year. I thought you were going to have a crack at the top 4 at 1 stage this year TBH.

It just stacked up really badly in terms of timing. Gawn, Hogan and Spencer all go down at once, ******* both our ruck and forward stocks. We rally despite that and keep winning. Finally get Gawn back, only to lose Jones, Viney, Tyson, Watts and Garlett. Then we get Hogan back only for him to get hurt again, then he comes back and breaks his collarbone. It was absolutely effing ridiculous by the end of the year.

No I was never Serious, Toumpass2Mouth.

Just read the couple of post predicting a pick 12 for you in 2018 because of our demise. Think there are 4 SA kids next year actually, they look okay. It was the injuries and suspensions plus the mindset that we did not make the finals this year. I think Goody is addressing that during this draft. Growth will come, might not be next year but if all stay healthy, there could be a big decade ahead for a change. Cheers.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Looks about ready for a drive-by shooting in LA.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
So, we ended up giving up the earth for Lever, eh? There's no possible way this will turn out badly for us. :rolleyes:
Don't think we did give up the earth.

Have an All Australian defender for the next 10 years while keeping 27 and gaining 35, should be able to get decent players there.

Pick 10 and 2018 first are decent picks, but now Adelaide to use them wisely. Chance those picks will turn into a player of Lever's quality are slim. Lever is a top 3 player from his draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don't think we did give up the earth.

Have an All Australian defender for the next 10 years while keeping 27 and gaining 35, should be able to get decent players there.

Pick 10 and 2018 first are decent picks, but now Adelaide to use them wisely. Chance those picks will turn into a player of Lever's quality are slim. Lever is a top 3 player from his draft.

2014 Lever himself was pick 14.
2013 Matt Crouch at 23.
2012 no good draft picks
2011 Brad Crouch with what was the equivalent of about pick 8
2010 Brodie Smith at 14.
2009 Daniel Talia at 13
2008 Phil Davis at 10.
2007 Patrick Dangerfield at 10.

Want to reassess how likely we are to turn those picks into a Lever quality player? Lever doesn't even make the top 50% of those players I just listed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back