Player Watch #8: Jake Lever – Signed until 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Would rather gather the dragon balls and wish our team immortality
SpitefulFancyGibbon-size_restricted.gif

Interesting to hear Maher and Wallace on SEN today discuss players capable of filling the Lever role for us. All the names we mentioned so did they.

Both thought Hibberd could, Maher suggested to try Weid in the role and Wallace thought Fritsch was more than capable if we keep him away from the bigger forwards.

Frost got a slight mention and so did Smith but the above names were the ones they were most into.

Love you Jakey! Hope you get better soon and build super strong muscles in your time "off legs"!!! And I hope that lovely fiancee of yours does heaps of kewl things to make you feel better! Can't wait to see you do great things in 2019! Go Demons!!!

And I hope that lovely fiancee of yours does heaps of kewl things to make you feel better!

I'm led to believe she's already booked herself in for both basic and advanced flower arrangement courses at the local TAFE. It'll be exciting times for Jake - you don't say "no" to floral sex.

I'm led to believe she's already booked herself in for both basic and advanced flower arrangement courses at the local TAFE. It'll be exciting times for Jake - you don't say "no" to floral sex.

I don't know whether to applaud or smash my phone.

Interesting to hear Maher and Wallace on SEN today discuss players capable of filling the Lever role for us. All the names we mentioned so did they.

Both thought Hibberd could, Maher suggested to try Weid in the role and Wallace thought Fritsch was more than capable if we keep him away from the bigger forwards.

Frost got a slight mention and so did Smith but the above names were the ones they were most into.

Did they credit the Melbourne board? That's freakishly accurate to our posting.

Did they credit the Melbourne board? That's freakishly accurate to our posting.

I was about to ask if you happened to post on any other AFL forums under the nickname "The Sundance Kid" ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally lost for words at this one :D

Andy Maher is an absolute peanut. Was out of his depth commentating Women's Big Bash.

Afl website posting indicative trade order, and taking into account the likelihood of Gold Coast and carlton having additional picks, coupled with the possibility we finish in our current position, thought it was a good time to show closer trade value.

As it currently stands:
Melbourne- lose 2017 pick 10, 2018 pick 15, pick 69

Gain- 2017 pick 35, 2018 pick 43, jake lever

Obviously this can change a few placings between now and draft order being finalized, but I wanted to know what people thought of this deal now, with respect to jake showing a lot of promise before his injury? Along with it appearing we will finish a few places higher than adelaide.

Was fine with the deal then.

Am still fine with the deal now.
I was fine with the deal to start, and even more so when he started playing well. His injury just showed how much we needed him when he went out of the team.

Also, shows he is a good judge of character leaving that cluster* of a club and their half wit supporters BEFORE they crashed and burned.

Harrison Petty is who we got with that pick 35. Already impressed throughout the VFL season and got a debut, long way to but basically Lever for pick 10, Petty for this years 15ish.

Still reckon we overpaid slightly - even before the ACL. We could’ve driven a harder bargain.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doesn't matter. Sometimes it's more important to get the player you need rather than drive the 'fairest' deal.
Crows paid the same back for Gibbs. I think trades used to be way unfair an clubs are catching onto it.

Doesn't matter. Sometimes it's more important to get the player you need rather than drive the 'fairest' deal.
Crows paid the same back for Gibbs. I think trades used to be way unfair an clubs are catching onto it.

Nah. Gaff wouldn't have punched Brayshaw in the face if Gold Coast hadn't caved in and paid overs for Weller. Terrible trading.

To be fair, that was horrible trading ... I mean, did you see Weller against us last weekend? ... nope, neither did I.
When some asks to go to Gold Coast Willingly, Gold Coast better damn try to get him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back