Player Watch #8: Jake Lever – Signed until 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a bloke called Jake Lever who will come back from an ACL next year who can replace him.

You need more than six defenders though, I’ve been enjoying Salem’s work this season. He finally looks settled

You need more than six defenders though, I’ve been enjoying Salem’s work this season. He finally looks settled

Omac Frost Lever Jetta Hibberd and your 6th defender.

For the 6th option we have Salem Hunt Lewis Wagner Fristch Smith.
Undoubtedly Salem is as good an option as anyone else, but my opinion is he would be a better and more dangerous player further up the field. That's it.

Omac Frost Lever Jetta Hibberd and your 6th defender.

For the 6th option we have Salem Hunt Lewis Wagner Fristch Smith.
Undoubtedly Salem is as good an option as anyone else, but my opinion is he would be a better and more dangerous player further up the field. That's it.
I'd also like 2 c Salem playing half forward he is such an accurate kick for goal.

Depends on where it goes from here ... if he plays without incident, its incredible ... if he does it again, its stupid.

Only 2 players who have ever returned quicker are Ox and Little Libba and those aren't the blokes I'd want to be copying.

At the same time next year would be his last year I'd assume so I can understand him taking the risk.

did i hear correctly that Goldsack only had 2 possessions last week in the VFL? he looked very proppy still in the footage I seen. big risk imo.

Only 2 players who have ever returned quicker are Ox and Little Libba and those aren't the blokes I'd want to be copying.

At the same time next year would be his last year I'd assume so I can understand him taking the risk.
Yeah for sure ... that and the dire situation of Collingwood's defence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile, back to Jake's recovery ... can he please give Tyson Goldsack call and ask him what he did. Incredible recovery
The Goldsack recovery is the kind of thing you only do in your 30s. Lever too young to go for that option, better to take the sustainable option

The Goldsack recovery is the kind of thing you only do in your 30s. Lever too young to go for that option, better to take the sustainable option

Plus lever has already done 2.
It's concerning. You hope we can manage to get them all sorted out.

Meanwhile, back to Jake's recovery ... can he please give Tyson Goldsack call and ask him what he did. Incredible recovery

I’m no expert my understanding is Goldsack played whislt the graft was still healing. So he hasn’t done anything special other than take a risk most players don’t.

I’m pretty sure it’s the same one ... tho I can’t remember how I came to this conclusion ... so it may be made up
I made up the same thing in my head though, so I suspect this means we are right.

Yah I saw Peter Siddle is still getting a gig against Pakistan in an empty stadium.

When Mitchell Johnson was in his peak form bowling against the poms it was as compelling a viewing as any sport but the admins have killed test cricket. It's so ******* boring watching average batting sides post 400+scores on roads an then fast bowlers bowl mid 130 pies with no swing or seam.

The average first innings score on majority of pitches around the world should be between 200-300 imo.

Yah I saw Peter Siddle is still getting a gig against Pakistan in an empty stadium.

When Mitchell Johnson was in his peak form bowling against the poms it was as compelling a viewing as any sport but the admins have killed test cricket. It's so ******* boring watching average batting sides post 400+scores on roads an then fast bowlers bowl mid 130 pies with no swing or seam.

The average first innings score on majority of pitches around the world should be between 200-300 imo.
Siddle was our best bowler in the first innings. Kept it tight and attacked the stumps.

Agree with most of the rest. I'm sure Australia will be just as culpable this summer with the Indians touring, producing lifeless decks to maximise the TV days. Not to mention the pitches produced will likely be to the detriment of our team as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back