saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
You never know, Tyson Goldsack recovered pretty quickly but yeah I wouldn't expect Lever back before say Round 8 at the earliest

Gold sacks graft is still healing. He is also 30? And out of contract.

Lever is 22 and has 10 years infront of him. No need to rush him for round 1 or earlier than the 12 months

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Being 22 will mean he should heal pretty fast. I would hope that any underlying issue is fixed and he doesn't go full Ox.

I suspect he'll be running again in lines by Christmas, do a revised pre-season and have full mobility back around April. So say Round 4-5 with a mini pre season?

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2019-01-21/lever-back-on-track

Article about his recovery here.

Nothing mentioned about a concrete return date, but does say a 9-10month recovery he was first aiming for was unrealistic ... and based on what someone bloke from Demonland reported after a conversation with Crossy, they're looking at him returning in Round 9-10.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Well that's a bit s**t.

Frost might have some life in him yet..
That part of it is good though. Frosty surprised me in the later part of the year. I’m happy to see if he can continue it. That kick in against Hawks was wild

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
That part of it is good though. Frosty surprised me in the later part of the year. I’m happy to see if he can continue it. That kick in against Hawks was wild
Thats a bit of a silver lining for me ... Crazy Frosty was a highlight of the last month or so of last season.

Also gives he and OMac a fair bit of time to audition to keep their spot when he's back ...

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Frosty gave Hawkins a bath in the first final too from memory

Long live Frosty

From your lips to Frosty's ears. It's not as far as you think.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
It made me want to re-watch the game, tuned it at the start of the 2nd (As i've watched that first quarter a few times now) and Frost out marks Hawkins in a long ball down the line, decides to just keep running and squeezes a handball out to Oliver before he gets crunched who then goes long to Mcdonald.

He's seriously nuts

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
It made me want to re-watch the game, tuned it at the start of the 2nd (As i've watched that first quarter a few times now) and Frost out marks Hawkins in a long ball down the line, decides to just keep running and squeezes a handball out to Oliver before he gets crunched who then goes long to Mcdonald.

He's seriously nuts
Crazy Frosty is the hero we need, but don't deserve.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2019-01-21/lever-back-on-track

Article about his recovery here.

Nothing mentioned about a concrete return date, but does say a 9-10month recovery he was first aiming for was unrealistic ... and based on what someone bloke from Demonland reported after a conversation with Crossy, they're looking at him returning in Round 9-10.

Welp apologies to everyone who I told that it wouldn't be a 12 month recovery necessarily.

But plus side, Frost needs to be in our side. Crazy frosty is an animal

Welp apologies to everyone who I told that it wouldn't be a 12 month recovery necessarily.

But plus side, Frost needs to be in our side. Crazy frosty is an animal

Frosty vs Buddy was one of the highlights of the year for me, despite losing that game.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
As an athlete Frost might be the closest thing to Franklin as an anomaly in the game. He doesn't have the skills or IQ but he's quicker than 95% of the players half his size
Reckon his footy IQ has improved. A bit anyway. I always liked that he takes the game on, but I thought he was going to be one of those guys that comes to the game late and can never really capture AFL nous. But he definitely improved more than I anticipated. He’s a beacon of light to older people that still want to try. Because of him I am going to start stretching and see if I can’t become a gold medalist in the decathlon. You could be a concert pianist maybe, like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.

Reckon his footy IQ has improved. A bit anyway. I always liked that he takes the game on, but I thought he was going to be one of those guys that comes to the game late and can never really capture AFL nous. But he definitely improved more than I anticipated. He’s a beacon of light to older people that still want to try. Because of him I am going to start stretching and see if I can’t become a gold medalist in the decathlon. You could be a concert pianist maybe, like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.
I imagine Topkent becoming a concert pianist like that thug in Tangled

1548248526547.png

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Love me some frosty, is it more enjoyable to win? Or watch Frost intercept a kick, Sprint 40m and torp it on the full?

It's a question of philosophical proportions

Back