Player Watch #8 - Jake Lever - Was He Worth It?

Remove this Banner Ad

PerfectFooty

Perfect Cell
Apr 23, 2013
Benalla
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Guess i'll just shut my mouth on future comparisons.

There is just something about Frosty that reminds me of Dunn, and no, it's not just that big barrel against the hawks.

As much as i love Dunn we have to remember he wasn't a permanent back man until around 2012, and wasn't a consistent defender until around 2014. That is at 27 years of age when most players hit their prime

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Guess i'll just shut my mouth on future comparisons.

There is just something about Frosty that reminds me of Dunn, and no, it's not just that big barrel against the hawks.

As much as i love Dunn we have to remember he wasn't a permanent back man until around 2012, and wasn't a consistent defender until around 2014. That is at 27 years of age when most players hit their prime
Dunn
Slow
Good one on one
Nice kick
Complete shut down role as a defender

Frost
Extremely fast
Not good one on one
Bad kick
Loves running with the footy

Xhoquelin

All Australian
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
Was convinced Dunny/Jurrah/Green/Aussie/Wattsy would kick us 150 goals in 2011. Dunny had a pretty damn solid 2010 season from a marking perspective.

Dunny also got thrown around a lot throughout his career, don't think he even got an extended run in one position until he nailed down that FB spot, and boy was he good there. So damn strong one on one, nice hands, great booming kick as others have mentioned. Thought he was cooked in 2016 in his spot of poor form but judging from his pies performances obviously not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
problem was/is, we play a zonal defense and he is lost in that style of play
Mate every team in the AFL plays zonal and Dunn didn't look out of place when Collingwood were spanking us with it.

Pretty simply we wanted to develop McDonald and we couldn't do that with Dunn, that's all

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Mate every team in the AFL plays zonal and Dunn didn't look out of place when Collingwood were spanking us with it.

Pretty simply we wanted to develop McDonald and we couldn't do that with Dunn, that's all
Collingwood don't play the same sort of defense that we do.

Dunn has a man and plays on him at the Pies

May 4, 2010
Under the Bridge Downtown
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Houston Texans
Worth a shout out how well he is playing the last 4-6 weeks.

His start to the season was shaky, not overly surprising given his injury history the past two years, but he's winning more contests, reading the ball better and his one-percenters are through the roof.

Skills and composure are coming through as well.

Remove this Banner Ad