Player Watch #8: Jake Lever – Signed until 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the type of form he was in for us in 2018 just before doing his knee against the dogs. People tend to forget.

Fair to say if not for the reco he'd had justified the salary and hefty trade cost a while ago.

This is the type of form he was in for us in 2018 just before doing his knee against the dogs. People tend to forget.

Fair to say if not for the reco he'd had justified the salary and hefty trade cost a while ago.
He was copping it for being s**t in his first 4-5 games for us. Then he had 3-4 good solid weeks before getting injured

Don't try to re-write history

He is however looking very good at the minute!

He was copping it for being sh*t in his first 4-5 games for us. Then he had 3-4 good solid weeks before getting injured

Don't try to re-write history

He is however looking very good at the minute!

How am I re writing history? I know he started slow, but that doesn't mean he wasn't hitting his straps the few weeks prior to when the knee reco occured and it wouldn't have continued.

How am I re writing history? I know he started slow, but that doesn't mean he wasn't hitting his straps the few weeks prior to when the knee reco occured and it wouldn't have continued.
Yeah probably a bit over the top with my comment

He was hitting his straps just before he got injured but he wasn't going this well

Last edited:
He was constantly panicking playing in our shitty defence but was building into something once he adjusted and formed a decent pairing with Oscar. I don't think he was as bad as people were saying, but also probably wasn't this good. A lot of it comes down to May.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was his best ever game for us. Absolute monster down there and held us together beautifully
I genuinely cried (okay not genuinely) when he laid those two tackles on his knees when the Cats had him outnumbered 3-1, and they fluffed a sure goal. So proud.

I genuinely cried (okay not genuinely) when he laid those two tackles on his knees when the Cats had him outnumbered 3-1, and they fluffed a sure goal. So proud.
His leadership and his ability to set up our defence was huge. I think he was our best on by a country mile.

His leadership and his ability to set up our defence was huge. I think he was our best on by a country mile.
Difficult to split him and Trac, the bull was running hot today. Thought it was his best game for us as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back