Player Watch - #8 James Rowbottom - pick 25, welcome to Sydney | Page 6 | BigFooty

Player Watch #8 James Rowbottom - pick 25, welcome to Sydney

Discussion in 'Sydney' started by scaryness, Nov 23, 2018.

1. anotherletdown

anotherletdown All Australian

Sydney
    ....spose so. Still think we missed a trick but I’m not going to push that one any further.

Agree re next years draft strategy. If I’m reading the tea leaves correctly next years academy looks decent and we may well have a few picks in the later rounds. 2020 is stronger and maybe even deeper. It would make sense to bring the 2020 first rounder forward and take the value while we can. If we can get 2 live picks in before academy selections next year we could really be sitting pretty.

Still a long way out but in 2020 I can see us having a draft like Collingwood did this year, where all we do is match other clubs bids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. McRobie

McRobie Norm Smith Medallist

Sydney
    Sam Walsh a pretty safe pick imo.

3. LukeParkerno1

LukeParkerno1 Premium Platinum

Sydney
    Other Teams:
    Sydney Swans
    It’s safe sure but you can quote me on this, Caldwell will be the best in the draft. Walsh is the safe 200 game pick though.

caesar88 likes this.
  4. caesar88

caesar88 Norm Smith Medallist

Sydney
    There’s no safe picks.

Mick Oxlong likes this.
  5. Mick Oxlong

Mick Oxlong Norm Smith Medallist

Sydney
    Probably the safest comment on here!

caesar88 likes this.
  6. The King!

The King! Supervisor

Sydney
    Other Teams:
    Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
    Haven’t seen much, only had a few who know ask me wtf we took him so high for

7. LukeParkerno1

LukeParkerno1 Premium Platinum

Sydney
    Other Teams:
    Sydney Swans
    Completely disagree with people saying we shouldn't have taken him so high. Was always in this range. Has all the tools to be an exceptional dynamic midfielder. His improvement over the last 12 months was impressive. Think how good he'll be with another 12 months. Great selection.

caesar88 and TheMase like this.
  8. anotherletdown

anotherletdown All Australian

Sydney
    I never quite understand that type of comment. Our next pick was another 15 spots behind. If you want him and you don’t think he’ll be available at your next pick then what’s the other option?

IMO He was no chance of being available at our 3rd pick so it’s definately not a reach. We just backed our recruiters in.

Kirkswan and bungee like this.
  9. caesar88

caesar88 Norm Smith Medallist

Sydney
    There’s no such thing as a “reach” anyway. The phantom drafts and power rankings done by pundits and armchair experts are based purely on opinion. So then when the actual recruiters, who have even more info on hand, inevitably go in a different direction, everyone questions and doubts the recruiters, but not the armchair experts who got it wrong. It’s very bizarre