Player Watch #8 James Rowbottom - pick 25, welcome to Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Think rowbottom will play significant footy this year in the 1's. Has the tenacity and aggression to play senior footy
Big call but I think Blakey aside, this kid will be the most valuable of this year's draftees. He's a very similar size to Hewett, and similarly to Georgie loves playing on the inside. Having two decent sized mids in the same midfield that can do similar roles (either as taggers or as ball-winning contested beasts) would be ideal. I could see them freeing one up to attack and win the ball while the other shuts a key opposition player down, and then alternating. It would basically shore up our inside stocks, meaning classy fleet-footed types like Florent don't have to take on more than they should be. That's why I was keen on Rowbottom before the draft and hoping his current niggles won't keep him from having a real crack leading up to the start of the season.

AFL Club
Sydney
Nickname ?

Rowbottom ---> Oar arse ---> Arse oar ---> Arse sore ---> Sore arse ---> Last night's curry ---> Curry.

Call him Curry. "Goes straight through like a bad Vindaloo"
Could call him say, R2D2 or Bender, seeing as he is a Ro(w)bot.

Dallas or Ewing perhaps. As in J.R.

(I'll get me coat on the way out)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloodied52

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
hehehe ... the lad has a name that lends itself to many nicknames. I expect, over what is sure to be a long career, he will attract many names. Doubtless duffers who support other Clubs will come up with their own dullard names.

Top Bottom