Past Kurt Tippett - retired 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll pose this question just for fun:

If we win a flag following the recruitment of Buddy on a significant salary, it will consideredby by most to be a successful recruitment (I think it is regardless). If we win one with Tippett, shouldn’t it be treated the same?

Well we still paid bradshaw in 2012 so that was a huge success

I’ll pose this question just for fun:

If we win a flag following the recruitment of Buddy on a significant salary, it will consideredby by most to be a successful recruitment (I think it is regardless). If we win one with Tippett, shouldn’t it be treated the same?
Depends on his contribution towards us winning the premiership. If he plays a significant portion of the season and helps us win enough games throughout the year to qualify for finals and win 3-4 finals games, or even one of those two. I would say his recruitment is vindicated and he is a success regardless of any poor performances of years past.

If he spends most of the season injured playing little part in winning the premiership then I wouldn't.

Depends on his contribution towards us winning the premiership. If he plays a significant portion of the season and helps us win enough games throughout the year to qualify for finals and win 3-4 finals games, or even one of those two. I would say his recruitment is vindicated and he is a success regardless of any poor performances of years past.

If he spends most of the season injured playing little part in winning the premiership then I wouldn't.
Let’s just assume that all things are equal

Let’s just assume that all things are equal
Equal being if him and Buddy both play in the grand final and become premiership players?

Yes, he would be a success. The recruitment of any player who performs a role in winning the flag is a success for mine.

Equal being if him and Buddy both play in the grand final and become premiership players?

Yes, he would be a success. The recruitment of any player who performs a role in winning the flag is a success for mine.
It doesn't matter what Tippett achieves anymore, he'll be deemed a failure regardless. Compare it to Boyd. 7 year deal on $7mil - more than Tippett! He's played one good game and people say it was well worth it, while Tippett has played a number of man of the match performances, was our leading goal kicker in his first season, is cheaper but is still deemed a failure.

It doesn't matter what Tippett achieves anymore, he'll be deemed a failure regardless. Compare it to Boyd. 7 year deal on $7mil - more than Tippett! He's played one good game and people say it was well worth it, while Tippett has played a number of man of the match performances, was our leading goal kicker in his first season, is cheaper but is still deemed a failure.
Grand finals matter the most. Boyd was one of the best that day, Tippett easily one of the worst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This sounds terrible and he probably doesnt deserve it, seems like a really nice guy...however ive nearly wiped my hands of him as a swans player....i just dont think he has it anymore and i think he and the club know it.

Im.happy to be dead wrong and i really hope i am but i just dont see him turning it around at this stage of his career

Tippet 2018 All-Australian, 2nd in Brownlow, Norm Smith & Skilton Medal

Remember, you heard it here first

Stuff all the experts. Who cares what the journos and umps think.

But of he wins the Skilton we WILL be Premiers :thumbsu:

This sounds terrible and he probably doesnt deserve it, seems like a really nice guy...however ive nearly wiped my hands of him as a swans player....i just dont think he has it anymore and i think he and the club know it.

Im.happy to be dead wrong and i really hope i am but i just dont see him turning it around at this stage of his career

Agree. Maybe the ankle surgery will help him and I hope it does. Nonetheless I will be disappointed if he gets regular undeserved gigs in the seniors in 2018.

I'm going with 6 games next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back