Delisted # 8: Martin Gleeson - Not offered a contract, finishes his Essendon career on 97 AFL games

Remove this Banner Ad

Does this feel like the wheels are turning from what the 'old' Essendon would do?

Circa 2010, Marty would have been kept toget him to 100 games and because he's a great clubman not what is in the club's best interests.

I always liked Marty, but this is 100% the right call imho.
Who'd we drag to 100 games aside from Davey around 2010?

Who'd we drag to 100 games aside from Davey around 2010?
And it's looking suspiciously like that was in the club's best interests. I can vividly imagine the usual suspects melting over his kids coming through but Alwyn being three games short of F/S qualification.

And it's looking suspiciously like that was in the club's best interests. I can vividly imagine the usual suspects melting over his kids coming through but Alwyn being three games short of F/S qualification.
If I could like this more than once I would.

Imagine if Marty has a son that's the next Gary Ablett Jnr, solving our on-going midfield woes in 2035, and we miss being able to take him because we didn't nurse him to 100 games.
Aka the Josh Kelly conundrum

Imagine if Marty has a son that's the next Gary Ablett Jnr, solving our on-going midfield woes in 2035, and we miss being able to take him because we didn't nurse him to 100 games.
Just bring him out of retirement in his 30s for a couple of games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back