Player Watch # 8: Martin Gleeson - Minor surgery on his ankle, won't affect pre-season - 10/9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Had to be played at some stage to see if he can still cut it at AFL level - The ball is in his court.
I would have thought his VFL form warranted being next in line for a medium defender role and not for list management purposes as you insinuate.

Our season is still well and truly alive as is Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zach Package

Kyle Langfourd
Sep 21, 2012
Parish, Francis
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Piggy Smith, SFG, Heat, Raiders
Had to be played at some stage to see if he can still cut it at AFL level - The ball is in his court.
I think the VFL wrap mentioned he took 6 intercept marks in a half against Port Melbourne.

I see no reason why he can’t be just as effective, even if he may be a little rusty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sameolds33

Premiership Player
Feb 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
It's kind of been lost in the whole "Cale Hooker is god" thing, but how good was it to see Marty get through unscathed?

13 touches, plenty of pressure acts and fists over the top. Good to see that his injury hasn't changed the way he plays.

Keep him in.
reads the play better than most. positions well. has been missed.

Runk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
The boy was outstanding today. Such a massive improvement in such a short time back in AFL. Best 22 every day of the week with performances like today. Adds so much to the team.

Top Bottom