Delisted # 8: Martin Gleeson - Not offered a contract, finishes his Essendon career on 97 AFL games

08 - Marty Gleeson.jpg

Contract Status: Not offered another contract in 2022
Last Game Played: Elimination Final, 2021
Injury Status: n/a

Last edited by a moderator:

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Didn't you guys see his Laverde shoop???

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Had to be played at some stage to see if he can still cut it at AFL level - The ball is in his court.

I would have thought his VFL form warranted being next in line for a medium defender role and not for list management purposes as you insinuate.

Our season is still well and truly alive as is Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to be played at some stage to see if he can still cut it at AFL level - The ball is in his court.

I think the VFL wrap mentioned he took 6 intercept marks in a half against Port Melbourne.

I see no reason why he can’t be just as effective, even if he may be a little rusty.

It's kind of been lost in the whole "Cale Hooker is god" thing, but how good was it to see Marty get through unscathed?

13 touches, plenty of pressure acts and fists over the top. Good to see that his injury hasn't changed the way he plays.

Keep him in.

It's kind of been lost in the whole "Cale Hooker is god" thing, but how good was it to see Marty get through unscathed?

13 touches, plenty of pressure acts and fists over the top. Good to see that his injury hasn't changed the way he plays.

Keep him in.
reads the play better than most. positions well. has been missed.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Not taking him long to remind people how good he was becoming before injury.

I'll admit to not being sure how he'd fit in our new look backline but he can stay there as long as he wants. No matter the situation he just makes good decisions
Yeah, I feel guilty for even suggesting he might be trade bait.

Back