Delisted # 8: Martin Gleeson - Not offered a contract, finishes his Essendon career on 97 AFL games

Remove this Banner Ad

08 - Marty Gleeson.jpg

Contract Status: Not offered another contract in 2022
Last Game Played: Elimination Final, 2021
Injury Status: n/a

Last edited by a moderator:

Can't really gauge anything off that. I know Crow said he was in the final stages of trying to build strength in the ankle so he can turn and slow down quickly but hopefully he's training full tilt by the end of the month.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looks like progress to me, until that I had only seen straight line running. Might only be light lateral movement, but it's still a positive.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Definitely looks like Gleeson will be a mid season AFL return and will probably end up doing a month of VFL or thereabouts. Its unfortunate but its important to be patient with these chronic ankle injuries. I just wish that Redman had been getting a full preseason in his absence. Hopefully someone like Ridley or perhaps even a Guelfi type can step up. Ambrose might even sneak his way in to play on mid sized players considering we probably have enough taller intercept types with Hooker, Hurley and Francis.

BigEast

Debutant
Dec 2, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Definitely looks like Gleeson will be a mid season AFL return and will probably end up doing a month of VFL or thereabouts. Its unfortunate but its important to be patient with these chronic ankle injuries. I just wish that Redman had been getting a full preseason in his absence. Hopefully someone like Ridley or perhaps even a Guelfi type can step up. Ambrose might even sneak his way in to play on mid sized players considering we probably have enough taller intercept types with Hooker, Hurley and Francis.

Lets hope he comes good. We need trade bait and you can never have enough 4th round picks. We have more than enough HBF's.

Finally, FINALLY returning to football-specific training.

Meanwhile, intercepting defender Marty Gleeson has shown encouraging signs in his long-term recovery from a serious ankle injury sustained in last year’s JLT Community Series Clash with Geelong.

“Marty has done his first lot of technical football drills over the last week and we’ll be looking to do more and more football-specific training with Marty over the coming month,” Crow said.

“It’s dipping the toe in the water in those dynamic football drills where we’ll really get a good feel for how Marty’s progressing in that end stage of his rehab.”
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019-02-05/skins-injury-update-preseason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've taken the liberty of making a few changes while hes been out

he now possesses:

David Myers Left leg
Shaun Mckernans neck
Cale Hookers top knot
James Stewarts arms
Aaron Francis hands.

I believe we have a player.

View attachment 622387
you spent so much time thinking if you could do it, you never once considered if you should

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
I've taken the liberty of making a few changes while hes been out

he now possesses:

David Myers Left leg
Shaun Mckernans neck
Cale Hookers top knot
James Stewarts arms