Delisted # 8: Martin Gleeson - Not offered a contract, finishes his Essendon career on 97 AFL games

Remove this Banner Ad

I've taken the liberty of making a few changes while hes been out

he now possesses:

David Myers Left leg
Shaun Mckernans neck
Cale Hookers top knot
James Stewarts arms
Aaron Francis hands.

I believe we have a player.

View attachment 622387

I'm glad you clarified that was his neck...

This board underrates this guy so much IMO.
I don't think it's that, I think we've just forgotten him because he's been out for so long. Before he was injured he was quite easily one of the first names on the team sheet. Brilliant intercept mark, insane reading of the play, and strangely strong considering how slight of frame he is.

I rate him real high for what it's worth!

This board underrates this guy so much IMO.
The question mark that hangs over his head is whether he went through that stage of being caught with the ball constantly through lack of awareness or whether it was a lack of support from his team mates with giving options. I was blaming his team mates at the time as we were in the midst of a bit of a slump.
He hasn't done much else wrong except generally being solid rather than totally setting the world on fire. But given he has always been on a bit of a slow burn because of his developing frame, there is every reason to get excited now that he is 24 and physically ready.

His best game is when he has his run and carry he lost that for a little while.
He had a really neat little shimmy and shrug of the shoulders in his first few years that had a lot of people thinking he could make it as a winder or midfielder for a while too.

Gleeson and Redman (both ankles) will play in a VFL practice match during round one of the AFL.
From the AFL website.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So a supercoach question : Will Gleeson take Ridleys spot?
I think they can coexist. We generally play 7 defenders and both are flexible to play on your mediums and smalls.

I kinda agree with that. But someone would have to make way for Gleeson. Who else would we drop?
We haven't even seen the round 1 team yet mate, and Gleeson is likely a round 4 porspect at the earliest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back