Ranked second among rising stars in total contested marks
Ranked first among rising stars in total marks inside 50
Ranked 10th among rising stars in marks per game
Ranked first among rising stars in goals per game
Ranked seventh among rising stars in hit-outs per game
Ranked first among rising stars in contested marks per game
Ranked first among rising stars in marks inside 50 per game
Ranked seventh among rising stars in score involvements per game
Career high disposals in a game (16, versus Collingwood in round 16, 2019, Fremantle in round 17, 2019 and against North Melbourne in round 20, 2019)
Career high kicks in a game (12, versus Collingwood in round 16, 2019, and Geelong in round 18, 2019)
Career high goals in a game (3, against Fremantle in round 17, 2019, Geelong in round 18, 2019 and North Melbourne in round 20, 2019)

Standout

Round 17, 2019 (versus Fremantle Dockers): Kicked a career high three goals in a game against the Dockers and had 16 disposals in a commanding performance from centre-half forward, while also spelling Ben McEvoy in the ruck from time to time (six hit-outs for the game) as the Hawks comfortably defeated the Dockers in Launceston. Seems the perfect combination of traits to be a modern key forward in the game.

Shocker

Round 9, 2019 (versus Richmond Tigers): The young Hawk was taught a lesson by his more experienced opponents as he was restricted to just seven disposals, five marks and a goal as the Hawks were comfortably beaten by the Tigers at the MCG. A learning experience for the young man.

39 - Mitchell Lewis (2018)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

threesixpio

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Definitely has the goods and later in the season you could see a real competitive streak boiling away.

He must work with Timmy O quite a bit playing turns at being the decoy which I loved when they played together. Been far too long between drinks for a Hawthorn supporter for this kind of play.

Two decent talls working together who can clunk and kick bags? Could it be true?

I just fainted

SuperSic

Team Captain
Oct 16, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Definitely has the goods and later in the season you could see a real competitive streak boiling away.

He must work with Timmy O quite a bit playing turns at being the decoy which I loved when they played together. Been far too long between drinks for a Hawthorn supporter for this kind of play.

Two decent talls working together who can clunk and kick bags? Could it be true?

I just fainted
You really should see a doctor about this fainting thing...

Abasi

Apr 19, 2006
Bayside
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Spurs, Socceroos
Was touted as “the find of the season” mid-game by Kingy. Had to agree.

Preseason everyone was saying we had Roughead and then no-one.

Mitch forced people to take notice and some of the biggest names in footy media started to sing his praises as a young tall(Johno Brown).

Not sure we should ever question if the coaches know what they’re doing when they drop a young player again to go and work on some things. He was superb on his return.

On Topic

Rookie
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Was touted as “the find of the season” mid-game by Kingy. Had to agree.

Preseason everyone was saying we had Roughead and then no-one.

Mitch forced people to take notice and some of the biggest names in footy media started to sing his praises as a young tall(Johno Brown).

Not sure we should ever question if the coaches know what they’re doing when they drop a young player again to go and work on some things. He was superb on his return.
His contested marking and ability to generate scoring oppurtunities was a standout for me. Without reviewing stats, I felt like he was kicking a couple goals and a couple points most matches. It is a matter of time until that turns into a bag of goals. I'd like to see him lay a few big tackles next year though

toomanysquibs

Club Legend
Nov 25, 2006
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Emerged to be a big enough aerial threat to take the heat off the previously 'struggling when forward' TOB.

O'Brien then began to hit his straps, it turn taking some defensive heat off Lewis.

That Geelong game late year, when Lewis (in tandem with TOB) really took control of a defence that has torn our forwards a new one for a decade, was a display of forward line artistry.

As threesixpio wrote above, something big might just be brewing.

The form of TOB in the final round, and the rock solid Lewis hands, look to portend the arrival of a real Hawthorn forward line.

Top Bottom