Ranked second among rising stars in total contested marks
Ranked first among rising stars in total marks inside 50
Ranked 10th among rising stars in marks per game
Ranked first among rising stars in goals per game
Ranked seventh among rising stars in hit-outs per game
Ranked first among rising stars in contested marks per game
Ranked first among rising stars in marks inside 50 per game
Ranked seventh among rising stars in score involvements per game
Career high disposals in a game (16, versus Collingwood in round 16, 2019, Fremantle in round 17, 2019 and against North Melbourne in round 20, 2019)
Career high kicks in a game (12, versus Collingwood in round 16, 2019, and Geelong in round 18, 2019)
Career high goals in a game (3, against Fremantle in round 17, 2019, Geelong in round 18, 2019 and North Melbourne in round 20, 2019)

Standout

Round 17, 2019 (versus Fremantle Dockers): Kicked a career high three goals in a game against the Dockers and had 16 disposals in a commanding performance from centre-half forward, while also spelling Ben McEvoy in the ruck from time to time (six hit-outs for the game) as the Hawks comfortably defeated the Dockers in Launceston. Seems the perfect combination of traits to be a modern key forward in the game.

Shocker

Round 9, 2019 (versus Richmond Tigers): The young Hawk was taught a lesson by his more experienced opponents as he was restricted to just seven disposals, five marks and a goal as the Hawks were comfortably beaten by the Tigers at the MCG. A learning experience for the young man.

39 - Mitchell Lewis (2018)

Definitely has the goods and later in the season you could see a real competitive streak boiling away.

He must work with Timmy O quite a bit playing turns at being the decoy which I loved when they played together. Been far too long between drinks for a Hawthorn supporter for this kind of play.

Two decent talls working together who can clunk and kick bags? Could it be true?

I just fainted

Definitely has the goods and later in the season you could see a real competitive streak boiling away.

He must work with Timmy O quite a bit playing turns at being the decoy which I loved when they played together. Been far too long between drinks for a Hawthorn supporter for this kind of play.

Two decent talls working together who can clunk and kick bags? Could it be true?

I just fainted

You really should see a doctor about this fainting thing...

Was touted as “the find of the season” mid-game by Kingy. Had to agree.

Preseason everyone was saying we had Roughead and then no-one.

Mitch forced people to take notice and some of the biggest names in footy media started to sing his praises as a young tall(Johno Brown).

Not sure we should ever question if the coaches know what they’re doing when they drop a young player again to go and work on some things. He was superb on his return.

Was touted as “the find of the season” mid-game by Kingy. Had to agree.

Preseason everyone was saying we had Roughead and then no-one.

Mitch forced people to take notice and some of the biggest names in footy media started to sing his praises as a young tall(Johno Brown).

Not sure we should ever question if the coaches know what they’re doing when they drop a young player again to go and work on some things. He was superb on his return.
His contested marking and ability to generate scoring oppurtunities was a standout for me. Without reviewing stats, I felt like he was kicking a couple goals and a couple points most matches. It is a matter of time until that turns into a bag of goals. I'd like to see him lay a few big tackles next year though

Emerged to be a big enough aerial threat to take the heat off the previously 'struggling when forward' TOB.

O'Brien then began to hit his straps, it turn taking some defensive heat off Lewis.

That Geelong game late year, when Lewis (in tandem with TOB) really took control of a defence that has torn our forwards a new one for a decade, was a display of forward line artistry.

As threesixpio wrote above, something big might just be brewing.

The form of TOB in the final round, and the rock solid Lewis hands, look to portend the arrival of a real Hawthorn forward line.

Most promising player award for 2019.

Burns made mention of him having the third highest average for contested marks inside 50 in the comp. Behind only Lynch and Bud.

Most promising player award for 2019.

Burns made mention of him having the third highest average for contested marks inside 50 in the comp. Behind only Lynch and Bud.
Was genuinely disappointed when he got injured and missed the end of the year. One of the most exciting prospects on the list.

Just signed a new 'multi-year- deal. But doesn't specify when it's been extended until.

Great news. I feel that any potential success we have in the future will be largely dependent on how Lewis continues to develop. I think he will become a 50< goal kicker in two years time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news. I feel that any potential success we have in the future will be largely dependent on how Lewis continues to develop. I think he will become a 50< goal kicker in two years time.

Based on this year he's already there - 20 goals in 12 games.

interesting that they didn't reveal length of contract. Can anyone think why?

But anyway, great news to have him locked away.
Maybe they thought no one would be interested in knowing how many years one of the most promising KPF in the league is contracted for? I for one am happy about that more than the re-signing itself. The last thing I need is another number to remember.

Based on this year he's already there - 20 goals in 12 games.

That equates to under 40 if he played the whole season at that rate. He should push that into the 40's next season and then go from there.

I wonder how Patton's inclusion will affect his game. I think on one hand he'll get the second best KPD, but on the other hand I think he'll play more as a CHF to allow Patton to play out of the square.

That equates to under 40 if he played the whole season at that rate. He should push that into the 40's next season and then go from there.

I wonder how Patton's inclusion will affect his game. I think on one hand he'll get the second best KPD, but on the other hand I think he'll play more as a CHF to allow Patton to play out of the square.
Twin towers

He'll definitely play CHF & so even 40 goals may be a stretch. More importantly, I think he & Patton will combine very well & afford our Forwardline some structure & cohesion.

TO'B could kick more than both if he's left alone in the FP (& Gunston is up the ground); but so long as we're kicking them, I don't care who hits the stats sheet.

He'll be fine even if he turns out only a good average player. Works hard. Patton inclusion basically means he gets second best player, TOB gets third no negative in that, for either of them.

Maybe they thought no one would be interested in knowing how many years one of the most promising KPF in the league is contracted for?

I doubt they thought no one would be interested. Judging by the Facebook comments on this same article they posted, basically every second comment is asking how long. Seems a lot of people want to know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back