Past #8: Nathan Hrovat - won't be offered a new contract - thanks Rat

Remove this Banner Ad

100217_3.jpg

He's composed with the ball. Also quite evasive in tight.
His kicking inside 50 is IMO his biggest strength by a mile. Waite and Brown will be wanting the pill in his hands as much as possible.

His kicking inside 50 is IMO his biggest strength by a mile. Waite and Brown will be wanting the pill in his hands as much as possible.
So pretty much like our forwards were liking their lips when they saw Boomer with the ball.

So pretty much like our forwards were liking their lips when they saw Boomer with the ball.
I'm the biggest Hrovat fan you'll find but that might be a tiny bit too far. Maybe like when Wells had it... ;)

Hrovat will be a good player but comparisons with Boomer are fanciful. He will play a role but if supporters are expecting him to be a game changer then the Bulldogs wouldnt have let him go. Good honest player and happy to have him on the list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hrovat will be a good player but comparisons with Boomer are fanciful. He will play a role but if supporters are expecting him to be a game changer then the Bulldogs wouldnt have let him go. Good honest player and happy to have him on the list
I agree that comparisons with Boomer are fanciful. But there's a difference between a play-maker and a game changer. I'm just looking for someone who can be be an instigator of good play, not just a neutral link in a chain. Indeed, I'd like a few of them.

Did he play mostly forward or midfield on the weekend?

Forward with stints in the midfield. Had a good game, especially in the second half.

He's already earnt a lot of respect at the club. Should play round 1 on what he's shown.
Hmmm. Hopefully that changes, was part of his problem at the dogs. Would kill the midfield in the VFL but get parked on a forward flank in the AFL. Needs to play more midfield than forward IMO.

Hmmm. Hopefully that changes, was part of his problem at the dogs. Would kill the midfield in the VFL but get parked on a forward flank in the AFL. Needs to play more midfield than forward IMO.
He will get plenty of midfield action. There is a change in game plan so much more rotation between midfield and half forward and a bigger midfield group and he looks like being part of that. Your other old boy, Higgo, will spend much more time in the midfield too this year.

I can't find my post, but after we picked up Hrovat I wrote something along the lines of he's not best 22.

Yeah I'm going to redact that.

Found it: (Click the arrow to go to the original location of the post)

North would jump at that. Carlton would too. GWS need more. They'd want 11 for Marchbank alone. They'd basically be giving up Ahern & Pickett for 32.

Pick 5 would garuntee us one of Petrivski-Setton or Ainsworth

Edit: I'm not keen on Hrovat at all. I'd prefer to go to the draft.

Still, you should jump on the phone to Joyce

Hrovat won't be best 22 IMO.

I can't find my post, but after we picked up Hrovat I wrote something along the lines of he's not best 22.

Yeah I'm going to redact that.
He looks the goods but it is form from a couple of praccy matches. Let's not get too excited yet. Hopefully it is signs of good things to come but we need to see that form in real games. I am hopeful.

He looks the goods but it is form from a couple of praccy matches. Let's not get too excited yet. Hopefully it is signs of good things to come but we need to see that form in real games. I am hopeful.

At the time I was expecting Anderson to be fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back