Past #8: Nathan Hrovat - won't be offered a new contract - thanks Rat

Remove this Banner Ad

Been solid. I can list 10 other blokes (leaders and big names at the club) you can have a crack at before this bloke. Thompson, Ziebell, Thomas, Hansen for starters

I was just watching the highlights of the GoDees game and the Rat had quite a few score involvements. Whenever he has the ball in hand, good sh*t seems to happen. Very clever and composed footballer.

Last edited:
Probably not of of his best games but props for some of his smart thinking in that last quarter.

I thought it was his best game for the club. Training under Boomer looks to have injected some Boomer traits into his game there were a few intangibles that really helped us get the win.

The dummy and kick from 50, the hard running and leadership to call for Cunnington to go backwards in the last minute. Really smart. His evasive skills are coming on as his confidence grows too.

F*** ..... unbelievable some people having a crack at this bloke. Has a burst of pace , nice skills & is a genuinely good decision maker everything we are screaming out for .
Just going through this thread where I last left off more then a week ago.
I agree, this guy is super cool under pressure, delivers the ball well on foot, has great awareness in congestion.
A notable replacement for the hole Boomer and Wells left.
A very important player for us transitioning coast to coast.
Reminds me of Higgins.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Finally stringing some games together and slowly building as is expected of a player approaching 50 games.

Will be much more potent when we get the midfield fixed.
I agree with that. I think when you get the midfield sorted, you'll see the real benefit of this bloke. When I look at North, I can see why you are chasing the bloke's that you are chasing, landing them is another matter, but with a bit of cleaning up in the middle, I don't think it will be long before you are back in the eight.

Finally stringing some games together and slowly building as is expected of a player approaching 50 games.

Will be much more potent when we get the midfield fixed.
Is only 22, a lot to work with.

It is hard to teach the evasiveness and footy smarts that he has got and Harvey had (has).

Rreally like rat. I look forward to seeing his confidence grow. Hopefully he can take the next step and become a player that finds it consistently 20+ times a game. Makes things happen when he gets his hands on the ball. Well done joyce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was very hit and miss early on, but since the game where he was dropped then brought back in as a late change he has been a strong starter in the 22.

One of the few with genuine evasiveness both on the move and from a standstill. Beautiful 20 meter kick as well. Very Harveyesque. Will stay entrenched in the 22 if he can stay around the 20 disposal mark with most of those in the front half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back