Past #8: Nathan Hrovat - won't be offered a new contract - thanks Rat

May 16, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No there wont be, we have our flag, our minds now are totally at peace. Seriously I reckon the rat will be great for the Roos. He is a seriously talented footballer who just needs some luck to stay fit to show what he is capable of.

I mean a laugh riot, as in we here on the Northboard would find it very funny.

I wouldn't be surprised if you guys had a little premiership hangover (I'm sure Loose Libba will be nursing one!) but I can't see you missing finals and I can't see us making finals.

Been a big fan of him from before he was drafted, so fingers crossed he can make it big at the NMFC.

Page8383

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pretty happy with this.
Hopefully Nathan can get to the next level with us - I'm more impressed with his character references than anything else - is a fair barometer for how far a guy can go at AFL level.

Only seemed to get dropped this season after putting contract talks on hold - and this after coming back from ankle surgery.

Hopefully 2017 a step up in output for him and us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
If that were the case, the club should get Boomer back to officially hand over the guernsey. It will give the club some positive PR out of a situation that was handled badly at the time and it might also give Boomer some mental closure on his career.

He invested some time into the Rat pre-draft, so the kid obviously looks up to him as a role model.

Win-win-win.

We'll probably have a fan sprinting against a tyre instead.

Jun 21, 2016
Australia's Most Haunted Town
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Adelaide Giants
Be a ****en riot if we finish higher than them next year somehow.
Yeah, exactly what I was thinking if the picks being traded are correct.

While it's still a good get for us regardless, I also get a feeling of cockiness from it from the Floggies like they are expecting to go back to back and us to be wooden spooners.

We need to do this to them.......

ezgif.com-optimize (22).gif

BTW, welcome Nathan.:thumbsu:

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
Has some limitations but once he gets over some of these niggling injuries, he'll be a good player. Fell behind Hunter, Daniel, McLean and Dunkley over the past two seasons while he struggled to get on the park. I'm a little disappointed we couldn't get more out of the deal but I'm happy for Hrovat, seems like a really good guy, so hopefully he can get on the park and kickstart his AFL career again.

Has some limitations but once he gets over some of these niggling injuries, he'll be a good player. Fell behind Hunter, Daniel, McLean and Dunkley over the past two seasons while he struggled to get on the park. I'm a little disappointed we couldn't get more out of the deal but I'm happy for Hrovat, seems like a really good guy, so hopefully he can get on the park and kickstart his AFL career again.

Not the first time I've heard that about him.

Pretty sure we're after Williams for the same reason.

Either way, I'm liking this deal. Well played, North.

Last edited:
He responded too.

Lol is he making it out like Dale is worth a number 1 draft pick then?
Hrovat was rated as being a pick in the mid40s range.
Add Dale and that's what Goldis worth?
Kingy looks even more like a turnip.

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
s**t sandwich for us, he is a quality person and could end up being a decent player. His problem at the dogs is he is a poor mans Caleb Daniel (strengths and weaknesses) and you cant field too many of those guys. We wish him well.

You guys better finish bottom 4...

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Welcome Nathan.

I went to school with a Hrovat. She used to eat vanilla slices for breakfast. Well not so much eat as inhale. Well not so much inhale as open her mouth and smash the slice into its general vacinity.

Back