80s and 90s RDFL monrels and hardmen team

connalinko

Debutant
Jul 1, 2009
north beach
AFL Club
Sydney
both he and his brother steve were two tough players great to stand beside and play footy with them :thumbsu: oh those were the days :thumbsu: sadley both boys passed away a few years ago the world is a lesser place without these boys go jaccas:thumbsu:

GREENMAN

Debutant
May 12, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Wot about Choppers Wellington from Riddell........and Herny Steigler from Gisborne......always felt safe when lined up next to Henry

nukkelhed

Draftee
Aug 21, 2009
Woodend
AFL Club
Essendon
Gday lads
I would like to start up another discussion on the hardmen of the rdfl during the above period. Growing up in this time i got to see most of these players and witness some memorable and not so memorable incidents that would just about get life in football if it had happened nowadays. I have also heard some great stories and no doubt these stories have became bigger and bigger each year. If any of you out there remember any great mongrel stories out there please share and please add anyone i have missed. some are nicknames as i have forgotten there names.
This is my team (the dirty 2 dozen)

Backs greg cannard (gis) mark federuk (rid,sun) mark pedderson (wal,sun rov)

h/backs jason tarczon(rid) pixi olgiers? (mel sth) Barry Archibold? (bford)

centers dean lupson (sun) arthur cann (craig) brendan dalgleish (kil)

h/fwds adrian bajric (darl,mel) todd johnson (jac) steve gallop (mel sth)

fwds Dave barnes (darl) jim edmonds (gis) cujo martin (craig)

rucks wade olywini (wal) kamel sidki (wal) Darren tarczon (sun)

i/change Peter palmer (mac,gis,melt sth) ted casson (sun) peter hewitt (melt) steve langborne (wal) mat barnes (darl) brian hall (craig)

I think you will find Peter Hewitt played at WoodendHesket, unless there were 2 of the same name getting around back then.

Bombers 2003

Hall of Famer
30k Posts 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
Yatala
AFL Club
Essendon
Gday lads
I would like to start up another discussion on the hardmen of the rdfl during the above period. Growing up in this time i got to see most of these players and witness some memorable and not so memorable incidents that would just about get life in football if it had happened nowadays. I have also heard some great stories and no doubt these stories have became bigger and bigger each year. If any of you out there remember any great mongrel stories out there please share and please add anyone i have missed. some are nicknames as i have forgotten there names.
This is my team (the dirty 2 dozen)

Backs greg cannard (gis) mark federuk (rid,sun) mark pedderson (wal,sun rov)

h/backs jason tarczon(rid) pixi olgiers? (mel sth) Barry Archibold? (bford)

centers dean lupson (sun) arthur cann (craig) brendan dalgleish (kil)

h/fwds adrian bajric (darl,mel) todd johnson (jac) steve gallop (mel sth)

fwds Dave barnes (darl) jim edmonds (gis) cujo martin (craig)

rucks wade olywini (wal) kamel sidki (wal) Darren tarczon (sun)

i/change Peter palmer (mac,gis,melt sth) ted casson (sun) peter hewitt (melt) steve langborne (wal) mat barnes (darl) brian hall (craig)
actually it was tim archibold

Rookie
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Barry Nolan and Stephen Hickey - very hard. In Under 19’s Christian Hill.

Back