9-0 and two games clear (three years ago today)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a facebook memory come up with the wife and I in the social club after the game at Ethiad (three years ago today) toasting us being 9-0 and two games clear on top. Those were the days I dreamed number 5 might only be a few months away.... we have fallen so far since that time its very sad

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As for the thread, who got injured mid-2016? I remember there were a few key injuries, can't remember who exactly, and cbf looking it up.

Waite, Jacobs, even Brown comes to mind. But I honestly can't remember.

What a horrible, horrible downward spiral it has been ever since then.

We were cruising towards a GF at 9-0.

hqdefault.jpg

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Yeah lost to the Swans the next week but then smashed the Tigers to have us 10-1 and still sitting pretty. Rather not think about the rest of the season

It all went south with Swallow getting knocked out and Cunnington losing a leg in the first ten minutes against Geelong the next week.

That Richmond game still ranks as my favourite performance under Scott though - we were absolutely manic.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Wins seven and eight were fairly unconvincing (St Kilda and *), then we smoked Carlton to go 9-0 but Goldy hurt his knee in that one and hasn't really been the same player since.

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As for the thread, who got injured mid-2016? I remember there were a few key injuries, can't remember who exactly, and cbf looking it up.

Waite, Jacobs, even Brown comes to mind. But I honestly can't remember.

What a horrible, horrible downward spiral it has been ever since then.

We were cruising towards a GF at 9-0.

hqdefault.jpg
I don’t know about cruising to a GF. We weren’t overly convincing in some of those wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Imagine being 9-0 now. We would have a Brad Scott statue next to the ziebell one. I know we shouldn’t have a system that is completely contingent on one person but Jacobs is the difference between those statues and the ruins we are are currently dealing with. He elevates us from a battling 50% win ration to 80%. Even this year if he had of shut down the main mid in the opposition we win. Neil, Rockcliff, Kelly, omera, Parker, 5 wins right there and we are 7-2 instead of 2-7

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
It all went south with Swallow getting knocked out and Cunnington losing a leg in the first ten minutes against Geelong the next week.

That Richmond game still ranks as my favourite performance under Scott though - we were absolutely manic.

Favourite?

Wat about Adelaide in Tassy?

The Butcher

All Australian
Mar 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Heady days indeed. "A wins a win" I would tell myself all the while feeling there were glaring deficiencies. What could have been. Luck goes our way and deficiencies be damned we would have toasted No 5.

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other teams have improved since then, and we have gone backwards due to a poor gameplan to suit our strengths, and too many seniors underperforming.

We have talent on the list, but do not have the top quality on each line to remain at such a level whilst playing draftees and carry older players.

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The first quarter against Adelaide was pure class and dominance. Kicking them from everywhere, and we just kept killing them on the turnover relentlessly.

To produce that considering the ladder positions of both sides, was remarkable to say the least.

The win against Adelaide in RD 1, 2016 is up there as one of my favourites. Harvey's third quarter and our tackling was something!

But my favourite game of 2016 was the RD 6 grind against the 'brave' bulldogs. Beat them and the umpires. Was there, crowd was electric and you could tell the players were revved up for it. Our best defensive display of football by far. Still can't believe McDonald got pinged for deliberate after that important spoil. Loudest North crowd at Marvel ever.

Hard to believe that was 3 years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back