Past #9: Andrew Swallow - 224 NM games - 3x Syds - captain '12-'16 - #43 '05 ND - thanks Spitta

Remove this Banner Ad

Club needs to bite the bullet and pay out 2018 contract this year while we have the cap space. Will give some wiggle room for carrots to be dangled.

Sad as he has been great and a much admired shinboner.

Wouldn't his salary still have to be included in next year's cap?

Buddy's $1M a year is in the cap even if he retires and isn't paid.

Scott: "Andrew Swallow epitomizes this club in so many ways. To tell him he was out of the team was one of the hardest things I've done"

Scott: "He'll get back sooner rather than later. He's aware of the speculation on his future but we haven't seen the last of Andrew Swallow"

Scott: "Andrew Swallow epitomizes this club in so many ways. To tell him he was out of the team was one of the hardest things I've done"

Scott: "He'll get back sooner rather than later. He's aware of the speculation on his future but we haven't seen the last of Andrew Swallow"

Any excuse to get him back in he team despite it completely throwing out team balance

A deal will be done at the end of the year to get Andrew to the Gold Coast. Swallow, knowing full well his time at North is up, will play for peanuts in order to be reunited with his brother and fulfil a childhood dream of playing together.

The Suns will be grateful for a hard-nut in the guts and for his off field example - a stabilising force for a young side that are finding it hard to focus amid all the distractions of life on the holiday strip.

The Suns will promise Swallow a pathway into coaching when his playing career finishes, an added sweeter for him and them.

Nothing is more certain.

Looks and sounds like the case^

It'd be good for both parties and I hope the club don't go big dick businessman and hustle the suns for something stupid and then consequently keep him on the list. I'm sure an early-mid third rounder would have the deal done.

I get the hunch that some folks here actually WANT spitta to fail

I hope he has a blinder, if he plays, and match up wise he probably should play in this match.

I get the hunch that some folks here actually WANT spitta to fail

I hope he has a blinder, if he plays, and match up wise he probably should play in this match.

Yeah i wanted Spitta omitted but like Scott i still feel he could have something to offer.

If an inside mid, let's say Jack, got injured, I'd be more than happy to bring him back. We still need mature warriors inside and Spitta certainly is that.

Some on here make you feel like he's completely useless, which is certainly not the case.

Yeah i wanted Spitta omitted but like Scott i still feel he could have something to offer.

If an inside mid, let's say Jack, got injured, I'd be more than happy to bring him back. We still need mature warriors inside and Spitta certainly is that.

Some on here make you feel like he's completely useless, which is certainly not the case.
The current version of Swallow isn't useless, he's just one dimensional, and although still half decent on the inside he obviously isn't what he once was pre injury.

Yeah if he plays he needs to play inside and should be purely as back up

Will be interesting viewing, next season we all would expect to see Mountford, Ahern and I'll go there........ Kelly. Andy won't displace Cunners, JZ or Dumont.

We also need space for two current outs in Mullet and Garner. Will be a fine effort for Andy to find his way back into our best 22, very shortly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting viewing, next season we all would expect to see Mountford, Ahern and I'll go there........ Kelly. Andy won't displace Cunners, JZ or Dumont.

We also need space for two current outs in Mullet and Garner. Will be a fine effort for Andy to find his way back into our best 22, very shortly.

Lol Andy

IMG_5946.JPG

He was the elephant in the room at the start of the year. Pulling the trigger was going to be the hard part. Now it's been done, I'd expect the appropriate conversations to be taking place.

The current version of Swallow isn't useless, he's just one dimensional, and although still half decent on the inside he obviously isn't what he once was pre injury.

The achilles stuffed him up good & proper

He would have been handy today.

I would bring him in for Melbourne.

for what reason? as a club, we have to decide if we are trying to make finals this year (very unlikely) or if we are going to develop our younger guys (which we have been told we are doing) bringing in spitra to replace froggy just takes us a step backward.....

for what reason? as a club, we have to decide if we are trying to make finals this year (very unlikely) or if we are going to develop our younger guys (which we have been told we are doing) bringing in spitra to replace froggy just takes us a step backward.....

To give us hardness and experience around the contest. I though that would be obvious. We missed him BADLY today.

Froggy looks to me like he could use a 1 week freshen up.

The worst part about today's loss is that it will most likely allow him back in the team. Not a step in the right direction IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back