Retired #9: Brendon Goddard - Retires a winner - Thanks for everything BJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems we accepted.

AFL Tribunal ‏@AFLTribunal 54s

The Tribunal will sit at 5pm for Petrie and Lake cases. All other player sanctions offered by MRP from round 16 have been accepted.

1. SuperFooty (AFL) ‏@superfooty 1m
      AFL Tribunal to hear Brian Lake and Drew Petrie cases tonight. Goddard, Rockliff and WC's Josh Kennedy accept one-match bans

12:11 PM - 8 Jul 2014 · Details

Hardly surprising.

Goddard meant to bump him, it was in a dead ball situation. He was screwed as soon as it was graded intentional, very hard to argue anything from that.

I am mighty pissed about it, don't get me wrong, and I'm not sure it's the right decision, but I am not surprised.

Da f? Why wouldn't they challenge that? Are they serious? Are they for real?

This annoys me so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've got to work within the system. Whether you agree with or not (i'm guessing probably not) Goddard's act falls neatly within the set punishments of the system.
Fighting this would've been stupid. It's not wise to fight something like this for the 'principle' because we would've lost him for the doggies game, which will also be tough.
From a senior player who should know the rules by now, this was not a smart thing to do. We needed him against the pies.

did you read the article?

--

“In their opinions we were going to really struggle to get the charge either thrown out or have it down graded.”

“The professional view that we got back from those advocates is that we were likely to lose if we went to the tribunal.”

--

Read the words in order now ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back