Retired #9: Brendon Goddard - Retires a winner - Thanks for everything BJ

Remove this Banner Ad

For those conspiracy theorists out there:

North Melbourne are contending with Essendon for a final 8 spot.

Drew Petrie plays for North Melbourne and is an important player in helping them win.

Drew Petrie is cleared and free to play, when he made the first move regarding the eye gouge.

Goddard is cited for a ridiculous act and suspended for 2 weeks, 1 week if he accepts the penalty. Essendon face huge game in place for a finals spot against other top 8 contender.

Sorry I just had to throw that out there.

We need a dedicated conspiracy thread

So the precedent has been set, if a player has just finished tackling you to the ground and a slight scuffle ensues (as has probably happened thousands of times in football over the years) this can be deemed as a dangerous situation ie fearing for your safety to the point where even scratching faces and attempting to eye gouge are given the 'play on, play on!!' by the powers that be.

You know s**t is completely ****ed up when you almost feel for a ******* Hawthorn player getting a 4-week suspension.

Almost.

But the AFL is in Essendon's pocket, right?

As I recall seeing someone post on HTB: "The AFL is, and always has been on Essendon's side."

tumblr_lqc8gsKPqF1qafrh6.gif

Nearly cost us the game last night. Lazy, its all about me game. Every time i looked to find the loose player when we had a man on man set up
it was Goddard. Best not to wear fluro green boots if you are planing on being a bit lazy. 6 or 7 half arsed chases and multiple times where he zoned off 10 meters pretending to have players covered who then got the bloody ball. It is this kind of crap we are trying to get out of our game.
Needs a good kick up the arse !!

Lost it at BJ when we just drew level and he had the ball on the wing, he had a chance to kick long but pulled out then went for a 45m Hollywood hand pass straight into 3 Dogs players.

A very poor game from a leader.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was wondering if he is crook

Took a knock early that knocked the stuffing out of him.

Maybe with Jobe back we can afford to give him a week or two off to get right for the finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back