Retired #9: Brendon Goddard - Retires a winner - Thanks for everything BJ

Remove this Banner Ad

His first half of the year was terrific but after he got suspended and came back he just never got back to the same level of form for whatever reason. I think towards the end of the season he had some injury issues (im not sure that's the whole story but definitely part of it). Also i have no idea what was going on with his goal kicking but he became really unreliable in front of goal - even easy shots at goal he was missing. If circumstances permit I'd like to see him on the HBF a bit more often next year but in saying that he will continue to be our Mr-fixit next year.

From a leadership and club advocate point of view he has just been brilliant for us.

It's primarily because he was playing forward.

He was on genuine KPDs and was being outgunned in order to provide us with some structure in the absence of Carlisle and Daniher (who never seemed to play together once Carlisle found his mojo).

The only problem with his forward play was that his goal kicking became so EFC. If he converted he'd have kicked well in excess of 20 goals for the year and it would have been a real success.

I'd be interested to see what Goddard does at the end of 2016. Will be out of contract and will be only be 31 at the start of 2017 season. Wouldn't begrudge him signing a 2 year deal with a team right on the cusp.

I'd be interested to see what Goddard does at the end of 2016. Will be out of contract and will be only be 31 at the start of 2017 season. Wouldn't begrudge him signing a 2 year deal with a team right on the cusp.
You'd think it would be 1 year with an extra year If both parties agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of different shapes that the team could take next year when you think of the merit behind playing BJ, Licka and Cooney all off HB for chunks of time... The 7 man defense rears its head again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back